Removal of Kids Corner -> Use Apps Corner....BIG PROBLEMS

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So MS decided that since usage was very low with Kids Corner that they would remove it.

Everyone says use Apps Corner, its that same and better.

Well, on my Lumia Icon, Apps Corner sucks, and that is putting it very mild.
With Kids Corner, there was easy method to get to it. @Lock Screen, swipe right and you are at Kids Corner.
Yes, I did not like that you had to enter your PIN each time and there was no separate PIN for Kids Corner. Kids Corner was an unfinished app to say the least.
Now, latest OS build has Kids Corner removed.
SO i jumped into Apps Corner.
Setup the Apps I want present on Apps Corner. Then supposed to be able to click the PIN icon to pin it to start screen.......ISSUE 1. Pin to Start Screen is always greyed out for me.
Click the -> arrow at Apps Corner (after setting up apps to be present on Apps Corner) and your there. Allow user (in my case, my kids) to move apps around......ISSUE 2. after arranging the apps as they wanted to see them, when you go back into Apps Corner, the layout resets back to a generic layout....HUGE FAIL. arranging the apps was something my kids liked to play around with (not to mention the Kids Corner Lock Screen which is no more, Thank You Very Much Microsoft).
Also ISSUE 3. When going back from Apps Corner, the start screen 'refreshes'. I state that as 'Refreshes' as it blanks out EVERY LIVE TILE on the start screen. HUGE FAIL there as well.
Also ISSUE 4. Stating this transition to Apps Corner and from Apps Corner is slow is the biggest UNDERSTATEMENT every made. ITS DOWN RIGHT HORRIBLE.

I had so may people like the Kids Corner on my phone and now when they ask about it, I cant even show them the Apps Corner cause its that terrible.

I have been a big pusher of Microsoft's Phone OS ever since it came out but this is very close to the last nail in the coffin for me.

I know to some, this is not a big deal but those with small children that are not old enough to have a smartphone of there own (that is a different subject all together) this was a GREAT AND SELLING point in the OS.

Very Disgruntled (soon to be x-windows phone owner)

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
The fact no one else chimed in on that specific feature is/should be telling. MS felt the need to remove a feature no one used, or so they thought. This is why MS asks for feedback, if the feature was so important to more than a select few it would still be around. The removal of an obscure feature leading to leaving the platform means the nail was in the coffin long ago. Enjoy iOS or Android, this site has forums for those platforms as well. MS has not hidden the fact that they are Enterprise based now, so removing family/kid features shoudlnt be a shock to anyone.

mtmt88

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Just when I thought I could replace Kids Corner with Apps Corner, with the latest update the pinnacle icon is gone. On the apps corner menu, the "pin-to-start" option is grayed out. What's going on??

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Apps Corner is buggy is all I can say. Last two builds the apps corner start screen/love time wld show up one time then disappear. And rebooting phone had no affect on getting it back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre