Resizing Large Pictures For Forum Upload

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I can't seem to upload pictures because the file size is too large on my 950 XL. Which is the best option for compression? I don't want to make the pics look like Minecraft pixels....

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager all the time to resize my larger JPGs to fit the forums. I use it for a lot of things actually. I still think it is one of the best Pic Viewers ever.

Get Office Picture Manager '07 for free out of SharePoint Designer 2007. Plus there are other nice Office tools and plug-ins inside SharePoint.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager all the time to resize my larger JPGs to fit the forums. I use it for a lot of things actually. I still think it is one of the best Pic Viewers ever.

Get Office Picture Manager '07 for free out of SharePoint Designer 2007. Plus there are other nice Office tools and plug-ins inside SharePoint.

Thank you for your help with this. But...your link to the SharePoint Designer does not lead to the Picture Manager. I'll try searching for it.

I found it; downloading SharePoint Designer 2010 now. By the way, what is the largest size i can keep the pictures at to be able to upload to our forums?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your help with this. But...your link to the SharePoint Designer does not lead to the Picture Manager. I'll try searching for it.

I found it; downloading SharePoint Designer 2010 now. By the way, what is the largest size i can keep the pictures at to be able to upload to our forums?

Picture Manager was in SP Designer 2007: it is the version I use. I didn't think it made it to Office 10 which is what I run on my laptop and it wasn't in-built.

I can't say for a certainty what the largest size JPG file allowable is. I know @James Falconer changed it some time ago. 3.5MB certainly works... 4.5MB may work as well?

I'm at work today and cannot test the limit. Maybe Mr. Falconer will chime in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb