RESOLVED: Latest WM10 Insider Build - Store Error 0x80073CF9 - How To Resolve?

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I have a US L950XL with the latest Insider Fast Ring Build (10.0.14905.1000). There are 4 apps (WhatsApp, Outlook Mail, Feedback Hub and Groove Music), showing updates available for download. Whenever I try downloading them, I get a error 0x80073CF9. Does anyone know how to fix this?

TIA

Sasha

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Latest WM10 Insider Build - Store Error 0x80073CF9 - How To Resolve?

All, I resolved the issue. This is what I did. Shut down the phone, removed the SD card and restarted the phone. Tried to reinstall and everything went through successfully. Phew, was having nightmares of having to do a hard reset (as many threads in the internet are mentioning, the only way to resolve this)

Last edited:

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to give you a quick "thanks" for posting your workaround. I also found the same problem on my Lumia 950 XL. Like you suggested, I shut down the phone, removed the SD card, restarted the phone and then watched the updates download and install successfully.

It's a real shame that Microsoft still hasn't figured out how to fix the bugs associated with our phone and working with SD cards.

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
GrayWolf, agreed that this is becoming annoying on an increasing scale. Just last week, my earlier 128GB SD card was toast in my phone. Diagnosis turned up a corrupted, unrecoverable MFT which necessitated a new card. Pretty sure that the culprit was the phone OS (since I have all my music - 50GB, all my maps - 40GB, photos/videos - 10GB, and apps - 4GB) on the card, so significant read load on the card. Luckily, I back up all the content every week offline, so nothing was lost, but it could have been catastrophic.

yetee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Don't forget to set "new apps will save to this device" in system > storage after doing what SashaSolitaire published to avoid repetition.

Larry Grouse

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
After reading above, I decided to try to skip a few steps as I noticed these were all MS apps that were having the problems. I simply changed my storage settings to "new apps will save on this device" and skipped shutting down and removing SD card. I then went back to store to retry downloading. All apps downloaded without any problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss