Rogers/Flextronics repair experience

thaguy

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I was having some problems with my phone with the earpiece been distorted when listening to calls. I decided to send it in for repairs since my warranty was almost over. I got the phone today, and on the repair invoice they said they fixed the issue but the problem still exits and also i noted that they clean the front facing camera, they did nothing to resolve that issue. So i sent the phone back to get it repaired. the CSR rep at rogers told me that they don't have enough allowed characters on the repair form to type in all the problems, and she cant write it in manually since thieving has to be typed out on the form.

is there any other way of dealing with Nokia directly rather than this half *** repair place? ill even do it my self if Nokia supply me with the parts.

If anyone has experience dealing directly with Nokia please let me know.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I was having some problems with my phone with the earpiece been distorted when listening to calls. I decided to send it in for repairs since my warranty was almost over. I got the phone today, and on the repair invoice they said they fixed the issue but the problem still exits and also i noted that they clean the front facing camera, they did nothing to resolve that issue. So i sent the phone back to get it repaired. the CSR rep at rogers told me that they don't have enough allowed characters on the repair form to type in all the problems, and she cant write it in manually since thieving has to be typed out on the form.

is there any other way of dealing with Nokia directly rather than this half *** repair place? ill even do it my self if Nokia supply me with the parts.

If anyone has experience dealing directly with Nokia please let me know.

NOKIA's own and only USA repair facility is in TEXAS I don't know if Canadians
have to send it to a Canadian facility or... but call NOKIA and talk to tech and see
and sorry I don't know the address or phone # for their facility in Texas.

Try this
Nokia Inc 6021 Connection Dr, Irving, TX 75039
(214) 574-5168

SchueyF1

May 18, 2012
Visit site
That sucks. I had a pretty good experience. I had vertical line down my screen so I sent it in. I also asked to clean/fix the FFC. I got it back in 10 days with the screen fixed and a clean FFC (and I have yet to see dust in it). Only issue I have is that the search button is a different shade of white than the other buttons. Not a big deal though.

tacofiend

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
That sucks. I had a pretty good experience. I had vertical line down my screen so I sent it in. I also asked to clean/fix the FFC. I got it back in 10 days with the screen fixed and a clean FFC (and I have yet to see dust in it). Only issue I have is that the search button is a different shade of white than the other buttons. Not a big deal though.

I used to work for a Rogers authorized dealer and repairs for a few different vendors all go to Flextronics, Nokia included. This was over 5 years ago though, and I ran into the same complaints from customers that problems weren't being fixed.

Unfortunately I don't have any other option myself now (my camera flash stopped working about 2-3 weeks after my warranty expired, despite Nokia's site saying there was 10 days left...it asked me to register my IMEI the day I got my new phone, so there shouldn't be any discrepancy between Rogers and Nokia...), hopefully it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

thaguy

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Got the Phone back today and it still has the same problem.
FFC still has DUST.

I sent it in again, im soo pissed now i dont know i should just email Mr. Elop.

qwe123878

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Canada probably has the worst customer service in all of the countries that has Nokia. I recently factory reset my phone, got stuck on the spinning gears, was 10 days away from end of warranty, naturally I turned to Nokia to get it fixed. Went to Nokia Canada website, and what do I find, no phone to call, only a PDF instruction to follow and you have to pay the shipping. It is ridiculus. So went to Rogers and was told they send it to flextronics not Nokia, so didn't send it. Only option left for me was Microsoft store, so went there and they took my phone in, flashed it and got it done under 48 hours, without any charge.

thaguy

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
does anyone know how i can escalate this issue?

Mr. Elop is no longer the ceo of nokia. Rogers don't give a **** about my situation.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
does anyone know how i can escalate this issue?

Mr. Elop is no longer the ceo of nokia. Rogers don't give a **** about my situation.

I provided a contact above, yes it is flextronics, but the lady i spoke with there is very reasonable. Alternatively go to a MS store and try to push them

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa