Rumor Lumia 730 on U.S. carriers?

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I hoping for an unlocked 735 Mexico model that I can buy online! It worked with the Lumia 1520.3, so I hoping Nokia will announced a 735 for Mexico too! F*ck the U.S. marketing of the Lumia models. It is a complete failure! How are they going to expand there base when existing users like me go back to there previous OS based on lack of hardware available to upgrade? Microsoft is shooting itself in the foot again. They are just massive failure in marketing hardware. The Surface has been a failure and now Lumias in the U.S. is heading in the same direction too! LOL!

Apple has it act together; it going kick *** this year and next! They always had the marketing genius in selling their wares because it available everywhere and they sell an unlock version with all the U.S. radios frequencies built-in at the top of the pricing ladder with over 50% profit margin. People are waiting in line for the Apple new iPhone 6 and they are still after two weeks after the release! Microsoft has not even announce when they will release the 735 in the U.S. but I don't care because I am interested in the Mexico 735 model! That the important one for me! I live in the U.S. of A!

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't generally post on here, but I do want to say this.... I am quite disappointed in Microsoft. I'm still a bit mad about them abandoning us WP7 users, but I can live with that. The one thing I can't accept is that Microsoft keeps announcing phones and it takes MONTHS in some cases for these phones to hit the market in the US, and quite often they never even get here, or only one provider will offer it. They definitely need to learn more from Apple in this regard. Apple announces a phone, you can order it instantly, and it gets delivered a week or two later. Simple.

I just wish I knew why Microsoft can't just offer all their phones at the Microsoft store so we can simply buy what we want. These exclusive deals certainly get on my nerves since Tmobile hardly ever gets a good windows phone. All I can buy now is the 635 and 521, 530. That's it. No lumia with a front facing camera or even an LED flash which my old 710 has! I wouldn't think twice about spending $250 to get my hands on a new Lumia 735, but apparently Microsoft just doesn't care for me to upgrade. Very frustrating.

Luis Marchesi

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
When is the 730 coming to the us?
Does anybody have an idea?
Even if it's unlocked from amazon.

I need to know before my sister gives up on waiting and gets a Samsung.

Last edited:

chenryhen

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Looks like Expansys-USA is also carrying unlocked 735s. Sadly, the rep I chatted with confirmed that these will get 2G speeds at best with US T-mobile.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Mmmmm, I think the rep has no idea. The unlocked 735's support all the GSM bands (except the LTE bands for AT&T and T-Mobile).

:)
Fred

Looks like Expansys-USA is also carrying unlocked 735s. Sadly, the rep I chatted with confirmed that these will get 2G speeds at best with US T-mobile.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
No it won't and you wouldn't be able to use it on Verizon's network anyway. Verizon uses CDMA for voice and the (current) L730/L735 is a GSM only device. Also Verizon has a long and sordid history of not allowing any non-Verizon phones on their network.

Fred

Will the unlocked version support Verizon's 4G LTE signal, or is it necessary to wait for Verizon to release their version?

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
No it won't and you wouldn't be able to use it on Verizon's network anyway. Verizon uses CDMA for voice and the (current) L730/L735 is a GSM only device. Also Verizon has a long and sordid history of not allowing any non-Verizon phones on their network.

Fred

Thank you sir! I figured as much but just wanted to confirm.

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

I would buy it in an instant if I knew it supported at least 3G/HSPA+ on T-Mobile... I don't do anything that needs LTE...but 2G is simply too slow to enjoy the phone. From what I've heard is that if it gets released in Latin America, it should support T-Mobile and AT&T LTE... I don't know enough about it, but if that's the case then I hope this will happen soon! I wish Microsoft would simply sell them at their stores...that would make life a ton easier.

chenryhen

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Well I took the plunge, and I'm waiting for a new nano SIM to fit the phone (I'm with Giv Mobile, which uses T-mobile's network). But soon we'll see. I'm starting to get nervous though. GSMArena has the WCDMA 1900 band listed for the phone (that's the one that T-mobile's refarmed areas use, I believe?), but it's not listed on the actual spec page from Microsoft/Nokia. :/ I really like the phone, so I might be able to bear it, since wi-fi is plentiful. Still, I'm crossing my fingers.

malman89

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Well I took the plunge, and I'm waiting for a new nano SIM to fit the phone (I'm with Giv Mobile, which uses T-mobile's network). But soon we'll see. I'm starting to get nervous though. GSMArena has the WCDMA 1900 band listed for the phone (that's the one that T-mobile's refarmed areas use, I believe?), but it's not listed on the actual spec page from Microsoft/Nokia. :/ I really like the phone, so I might be able to bear it, since wi-fi is plentiful. Still, I'm crossing my fingers.

Interested to hear your results. I won't consider anything but US vendor pricing for a 735, but it's still on my radar after all this time. I bought a Moto G with LTE a little over a month ago since I couldn't wait any longer, but if the price and performance of a 735 wows me, I'll definitely consider a short sell and switch to WP.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I heard that Sprint is going to be the second U.S. carrier after Verizon to get the 735!
It so unbelievable that I think it a nightmare!
T-Mobile looks like they are shut out of both mid-range Lumia(735&830) for 2014!

No Latin America models announce yet for the 735 either! The rest of the models are international versions for South America and EU, Mideast and Far East! So that means the U.S. is lock out of the GSM models until the Latin America models are released!

Microsoft should be ashame of themselves for making U.S. buyers looking to Latin America for 735s! Kind of shows the state of affairs with how Microsoft is marketing their phones on their homeland turf! Totally unacceptable!

malman89

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I heard that Sprint is going to be the second U.S. carrier after Verizon to get the 735!
It so unbelievable that I think it a nightmare!
T-Mobile looks like they are shut out of both mid-range Lumia(735&830) for 2014!

No Latin America models announce yet for the 735 either! The rest of the models are international versions for South America and EU, Mideast and Far East! So that means the U.S. is lock out of the GSM models until the Latin America models are released!

Microsoft should be ashame of themselves for making U.S. buyers looking to Latin America for 735s! Kind of shows the state of affairs with how Microsoft is marketing their phones on their homeland turf! Totally unacceptable!

I don't really mind MS targeting higher market share nations first, but when they announced the 730/735 they should've announced it as Oct internationally and Nov/Dec/2015 USA. Just got peoples' hopes up.

chenryhen

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Confirming that I am only getting EDGE on my Lumia 735. Still love the phone though! I'm just sticking to wi-fi spots as much as I can these days. :/

Going to hit up a Cricket Wireless to see if the HSDPA 850 band makes a difference on AT&T's network.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Given the official 830 pricing I'm now very interested in the 735. Really hoping we hear an announcement from AT&T soon (or that there is an international version that works with AT&T LTE).

malman89

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Given the official 830 pricing I'm now very interested in the 735. Really hoping we hear an announcement from AT&T soon (or that there is an international version that works with AT&T LTE).

Definitely is not appealing. Guarantee they do not move many units at $449 and that price is slashed $50-100 in 6 weeks or less. That's a huge premium on what is pretty much $200 hardware. Here's hoping for decent 735 pricing.

chenryhen

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Latest update. Went to the AT&T and store, and I can confirm that I'm getting HSDPA+ speeds on my 735. Woot! Of course LTE would be preferable (especially since the phone is capable of it), but download speeds are peppy enough that I am pretty happy.