Running Windows 10 Pro in a super low-end computer

hrbrkone

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys, what's up?

Despite all the problems I have with Windows 10 in my past, it's a lovely OS. But, after some changings in my notebook, my hardware config is the simplest I've ever see running Windows 10 (64bits). Here's my hardware:

• Intel Celeron 1.5GHz
  • 2GB DDR3 860MHz
  • 320GB HD 5400RPM (I don't remember if this one is from Seagate or Toshiba)
  • 1366x768 HD display
  • Intel IvyBridge graphics card (onboard)

So, I ask you guys some help. I don't wanna change my notebook right now (I've spent my money on a good tablet for college), and I'll buy some good RAM for this PC in a few months. Everything you guys know to help me run Windows 10 on this PC without problems will help.

Thanks in advance!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Everything there seems perfectly adequate to run Windows 10 competently. (if it ran Vista or newer, it should run 10 okay)

If I had to use those specs, I'll probably be able to live if that helps.

As for upgrades, I would think about getting an SSD, which is the biggest upgrade you can probably make for that. But bumping up RAM to 4 GB ought to be good enough too, and simpler to install.

hrbrkone

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Windows sometime run pretty smooth but it takes longer to open the start menu, action center and Windows Explorer. Sometimes it just looks... not optimized.

As for upgrades: I consider some Samsung SSDs, are they good or there's something better on market?

Gayle Lynn

Jan 6, 2018
Visit site
I'd think the combination of very slow HDD plus low memory, that it's thrashing heavily.

You may be limited still with SSD as it may not support SATA II let along SATA III. Still much better than what you have. Even moving the pagefile onto SSD will help.

The only time I can Windows on 2GB was years ago on Surface RT. Not even Vista.

I am very disappointed in the $349 4/64 Surface Go hoping to have low cost laptop/tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo