Samsung ATIV screen blank whenever prompted to type #

queshaw

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

When I call a telephone menu, e.g. for English press 1, the screen goes black a fraction of a second after that. I then go through a series of shaking the phone, poking the screen, clicking each of the buttons alternately, until eventually, the display returns at which point often I have typed numbers in the process of doing that and the menu will have me start all over from the begging. This is extremely frustrating....

Since a recent update, now when it returns it displays a button saying "something has changed". After poking that button some unknown number of times, it goes away with the screen still blank but a bar at the top saying tap to expand. After that I get to find out what numbers I typed while the screen was blank and possibly start over.

If I am looking at the web browser or anything else so far, it doesn't do this turning off of the screen a fraction of a second after the interaction. It's only when I need to input something that it turns off.

Is there a way to avoid this or a combination of gestures that I am expected to do in order to get the screen to display so that I can enter numbers?

Kendall

queshaw

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
It would also be helpful to know if other people are able to talk to a phone menu (e.g. calling the IRS or a tech support #) without this happening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)