Samsung ATIV SE, yay or nay?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
How do you feel about the Samsung ATIV SE? I am actually more interested in this than the Icon personally, and this might get me from Android.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Umm Samsung is recycling the leftover Galaxy S4 devices and selling them as ATIV SE whilst they heavily promote the Galaxy S5.....my answer is depends on the price...

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Umm Samsung is recycling the leftover Galaxy S4 devices and selling them as ATIV SE whilst they heavily promote the Galaxy S5.....my answer is depends on the price...

The price is $199 on contract on VZW and $599 off contract.

Definitely not left over S4s.
Specs:
2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 quad-core CPU, LTE, 2GB of RAM, a*16*13-megapixel camera and a 2,600mAh battery

Not the same as the s4 and a different design.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

J Ice70

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I prefer Nokia, but others may prefer Samsung. Samsung at least offers IR blaster and Samsung Link. Maybe this will push Nokia and others to up the Anti on what they offer.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I prefer Nokia, but others may prefer Samsung. Samsung at least offers IR blaster and Samsung Link. Maybe this will push Nokia and others to up the Anti on what they offer.

I see a lot of people keep putting up Nokia. But this is the first device other than Nokia that is a true high end device on WP. I think it will be compared to the Nokia Lumia Icon a lot.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I saw the Ativ on the Verizon website today and it looks pretty good. The IR blaster is pretty nice along with the ability to beam things to other Samsung phones.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Any cases available yet?

Edit: Looks like Verizon has a few available including an Incipio DualPro (which is what I would want on any new phone). They have a purple or pink and black or gray available in each one.

I wonder if they are the same as S4 cases?

Last edited:

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I pre-ordered one (or will when my rep processes the order). Has anyone gotten a ship date? She said Friday, but even with priority shipping it won't land until Monday or Tuesday, unless you shell out more dough than I will for a phone to get to you a day earlier...

Thanks

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I figured that, but was hoping. There are so many S4 cases available, and I know that one of the only things my wife dislikes about Windows Phones is the lack of accessories, or more accurately the lack of options.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I figured that, but was hoping. There are so many S4 cases available, and I know that one of the only things my wife dislikes about Windows Phones is the lack of accessories, or more accurately the lack of options.

Big Accessory makers are reluctant to make cases for devices that may not sell well. Especially considering the smaller percentage of market share WP has. The Galaxy S series and Note line have the biggest accessory support outside of Apple because they are the best selling smartphones outside of the iPhone.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

techgeek32#WN

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site

Incipio already has some cases for this phone. Most Verizon stores already have them in stock.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I had a chance to play with the Ativ and the Icon at my Verizon store today and as far as appearance the Ativ won me over. They are both nice though.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I had a chance to play with the Ativ and the Icon at my Verizon store today and as far as appearance the Ativ won me over. They are both nice though.

I had a chance to play with both too. I was very impressed with the ATIV SE. Only things I didnt like were the fact that the surface of the screen was not as glassy smooth as the Nokia. (However I was told that could be fixed with a glass overlay.) Also, the blacks were deeper, whites were whiter and the colors just popped a tad more on the Icon. Although viewing angles seemed better on ATIV SE (but I look at my phone straight on anyway.)

Outside of that and the fact you cant take full resolution pictures in 16:9 mode, I almost bought one right then and there! The only thing that stopped me was the fact the Verison in-store rep (who is also a Windows phone fan - he owns a 928) said that the HTC rep that visits his store keeps telling him a new high end Windows phone from HTC is on the way!!! If it's the rumored cousin to the One-M8, I think I can hold off a bit longer :)

chinesepiratefood

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I had a chance to play with both too. I was very impressed with the ATIV SE. Only things I didnt like were the fact that the surface of the screen was not as glassy smooth as the Nokia. (However I was told that could be fixed with a glass overlay.) Also, the blacks were deeper, whites were whiter and the colors just popped a tad more on the Icon. Although viewing angles seemed better on ATIV SE (but I look at my phone straight on anyway.)

Outside of that and the fact you cant take full resolution pictures in 16:9 mode, I almost bought one right then and there! The only thing that stopped me was the fact the Verison in-store rep (who is also a Windows phone fan - he owns a 928) said that the HTC rep that visits his store keeps telling him a new high end Windows phone from HTC is on the way!!! If it's the rumored cousin to the One-M8, I think I can hold off a bit longer :)

What do you mean you can't take pictures in 16:9?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizmizo