Samsung Galaxy S5 nominates the Nokia Lumia 930 for ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This ad was hit pretty hard over at The Verge in the article (?) and comments.
Personally, I think its a good idea on paper, but could look bad in some people's eyes.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd take the challenge... doubt a damn thing would happen to the 930 with that little ice/water trickled down on it. A few years back I accidentally dropped my Lumia 800 in water... completely submerged. It was fine.

That said, Sony should troll Samsung and really pour water on their phone. This was nothing.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
You beat me to it.

I don't think it was appropriate, as this was meant to bring people together and donate, not mock others.

BTW, for those who didn't watch the video, they also nominated the M8 and iPhone 5S.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
This ad was hit pretty hard over at The Verge in the article (?) and comments.
Personally, I think its a good idea on paper, but could look bad in some people's eyes.

People like to make a big deal out of little things. Heck, people just like to complain. There are much, much bigger things in the world to complain about than this.

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I think it's a pretty clever ad, but I don't think other people would come to like it...

As for the nomination thingy, I would love Nokia to take the challenge. It would be nice if they would also do it to the 3310. Then they would compare it to the 930 and say that the durability of Nokia hasn't changed from the beginning 😅

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Well if proceeds from the ad go to ALS then it may be a good thing.
Using the ice bucket challenge to promote product to me wouldn't be acceptable.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Well if proceeds from the ad go to ALS then it may be a good thing.
Using the ice bucket challenge to promote product to me wouldn't be acceptable.

I could see your point about a company using the challenge to gain attention, but Samsung isn't exactly lacking brand recognition with the Galaxy line. :D. They probably have the 2nd most noticeably phone, next to the iPhone.

If anything, they are touting their water resistant feature.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
On another site (WMPUser) they had a link to a site that actually answer the challenge in video. L930 ran fine with water and ice poured on it...

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Much more water was poured onto these phones than the S5. Wish they took that into account when making this challenge acceptance video.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well they didn't say they had something better than someone else. Samsung nominating those phones based on the fact they aren't waterproof is really unnecessary.
And I read a post where someone thought it was waterproof (S5) but found out that underwater shots isn't too wise. It water damaged his phone.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte