Samsung S8 Microsoft edition

HM84

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
How about W10 on an S8? Windows feedback link https://aka.ms/Yrr2bh

Forgive me for sounding like a wet blanket, but the last time Samsung stepped up onto the WM stage, they gave us the Ativ S, which was a year old Galaxy (S3?) that had WP8 slapped on. If this is anything to go by, then you're better off waiting for the mythical Surface Phone.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Forgive me for sounding like a wet blanket, but the last time Samsung stepped up onto the WM stage, they gave us the Ativ S, which was a year old Galaxy (S3?) that had WP8 slapped on. If this is anything to go by, then you're better off waiting for the mythical Surface Phone.

Don't forget the VZ exclusive S4ish Windows Phone 8.0 device (ATIV SE).

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Just checked Samsung's intro re the S8. Have to say I miss knowing there is a W10M hardware stream I can look forward to drooling over the steady advances. If Build doesn't announce something concrete, I'm going to give up W10M. Too little for too long is too much.

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Just read that Microsoft will sell Samsung S8 "Microsoft edition", phone in their stores, Microsoft edition iphone deal also agreed. These phones will not run W10 but will run their native OS respectively, but will be installed with Microsoft apps, such as office,skype etc. As a long time supporter of the windows phone platform I'm not happy.What do you all think?

Just remember what Ballmer said at a meeting a yr or 2 ago! just put android on those phones and be done with it!
So if Ballmer was still CEO that's what he would have done...

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Every Cortana search, is a bing search not giving advertising money to google. More android phones have MS, less money to google.

BTW, what happens when everyone uses voice? Speech based ads interrupting your actions?

If people have the choice between ad-free speech services they pay for, and ad-interrupted services they don't, as will cable etc people will choose the former.

I know if I said 'ok google order me a taxi" and if instead of doing it, it said "did you know you can get great deals on a brand new lexus", I'd immediately stop using it.