Save Nokia - Nokita Pitch aims to outbid Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm sympathetic to this bid but it has zero chance of success. It's such a shame that a great European company has been destroyed, although they did much of the early work themselves. Of course, they should have made Android and Windows Phones from the start. Probably too late now.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Says the person crying at the possibility of Microsoft's next CEO killing useless stuff like Bing or unprofitable ones like Xbox...

Well, for one, I never said "save Bing" not once. Don't know where you got that from. Probably you made it up, idk.

Secondly, I said that the Xbox could be profitable, although it isn't now. That's the entire point of the thread I wrote, but I guess you didn't read that either. Crying though? I found it to be a civil discussion, but whatever.

So yes, based on the fact that I never said things that you think I did, you're delusional.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
How many billion dollar deals are financed with a publicly available PowerPoint on a website? Yeah - didn't think so. These types of deals just aren't done this way. Basically the group is trying to do a homegrown Kickstarter project without Kickstarter.

And on Microsoft's bid...If the properties being bought are so valuable, there would have been a bidding war. That it hasn't materialized essentially indicates several things:
*) The bid (and premium) is seen by other parties as value appropriate to over-valued - hence no interest in even matching terms;
*) Other parties don't feel a compelling need in the physical/intellectual assets being offered to pay a premium over and above Microsoft's bid.
*) There may be another party with an offer - but it is to acquire more (or less) of the assets than Nokia's board is willing to divest.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Says the person crying at the possibility of Microsoft's next CEO killing useless stuff like Bing or unprofitable ones like Xbox...

Says the person that doesn't really understand what Bing is and doesn't understand that XBOX is profitable.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Says the person that doesn't really understand what Bing is and doesn't understand that XBOX is profitable.

LOL You're pathetically fanboyish. It's not I who thinks that. It's all the bloody specialized analysts. And probably half the candidates to the place of CEO of MS.
Bing is pathetic so I don't think it takes a genius to put an end to its miserable existence. I don't know how they reach their conclusion regarding Xbox, but I'm sure they have more knowledge about that than you and I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett