Saving PDF's to your WP8

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Will WP8 have this ability/feature? I realize we can save them in the cloud. I would like the ability to save them directly to the phone (like you can now with a Word document).

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
:unsure: maybe yes maybe no
hold your Waiting watch like the rest of us until the next event :giggle:

XQrbP.jpg

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Actually after you open a PDF to your phone it gets saved. Open the Adobe Acrobat app and you can tap to open it. Problem is you can't attach the file to an email or move it to SkyDrive, etc. Hopefully WP8 gives us a little more control over PDFs.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

CatGuyTX

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out where the PDF's are actually stored on the phone. I can open them with PDF viewer, I can see the PDF's on my phone, but I can not delete them or find them when I hook my phone to my PC.

Quin 2013

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I guess there is no way to delete a PDF file.

Interesting.....I'd like to be able to delete.

Maybe there's a way to do so when you connect your phone to your pc/laptop.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
PDF reader has been updated, just checked myself, it allows sharing via Skydrive and the ability to delete.

Ultimately the way to save is to share it to yourself!?

CatGuyTX

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I hooked my phone via USB to my computer and couldn't find the PDF's on my phone while searching on my computer. I looked on my phone and they were there when viewing via the PDF viewer. While in the PDF viewer, if you tap and hold, a menu appears that allows you to delete or share (via SkyDrive) with a shared link. Alternately I used my PC and copied PDF files into the Documents folder on my phone. They will then show up in the Office hub / Places / Phone (documents on your phone) but oddly enough not in the PDF reader. From the Office Hub if you tap and hold the PDF document, you can Share...via email, Save To....SkyDrive or Delete. It is odd that if you copy them to your Documents folder on your phone, they don't show up in the PDF reader app. And when you have files that show up in the PDF app, you can't see them in the Office Hub.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't copy large files to SkyDrive...anyone else find that?

I would suggest using UC browser to download where you get them and upload those PDF,s to Skydrive, I haven't hit a limit before. There are alternatives tho in the marketplace, but off hand it will solve ur problem.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I hooked my phone via USB to my computer and couldn't find the PDF's on my phone while searching on my computer. I looked on my phone and they were there when viewing via the PDF viewer. While in the PDF viewer, if you tap and hold, a menu appears that allows you to delete or share (via SkyDrive) with a shared link. Alternately I used my PC and copied PDF files into the Documents folder on my phone. They will then show up in the Office hub / Places / Phone (documents on your phone) but oddly enough not in the PDF reader. From the Office Hub if you tap and hold the PDF document, you can Share...via email, Save To....SkyDrive or Delete. It is odd that if you copy them to your Documents folder on your phone, they don't show up in the PDF reader app. And when you have files that show up in the PDF app, you can't see them in the Office Hub.

I think this is, because the PDF Reader is an external app with its own storage area. It's not connected in any way to the Office hub.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs