Screen Occasionally Comes on by Itself

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Any ideas why this happens occasionally? The screen comes on for about 5 seconds or so, even though I didn't press anything. I only noticed it after applying a screen protector - not sure if that is related. The protector covers the little circle next to the screen (not sure what that is)

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Still wondering what the circle near the screen is. It is not documented on MS site. Anyway the screen should turn on only when the main button is pressed or when an app sends a notification. Try and disable some tiles to diagnose the problem. If it keeps doing that maybe it is a false contact on the button and you should replace it under warranty.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Still wondering what the circle near the screen is. It is not documented on MS site. Anyway the screen should turn on only when the main button is pressed or when an app sends a notification. Try and disable some tiles to diagnose the problem. If it keeps doing that maybe it is a false contact on the button and you should replace it under warranty.

I'm guessing it's a light sensor, as the band has an auto brightness function. That should not cause it to come on though right? I do have quite a few third party apps, including one that regularly changes the wallpaper to show the battery life on the main tile (without requiring a swipe). Could be that?

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing it's a light sensor, as the band has an auto brightness function. That should not cause it to come on though right? I do have quite a few third party apps, including one that regularly changes the wallpaper to show the battery life on the main tile (without requiring a swipe). Could be that?

It could be anything that interacts with the band. Take an empirical approach :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeroyNoodle