Screen protector or not?

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm tempted to remove the screen protector from my Lumia 710. Is the screen scratch resistant?

Even if it has Gorilla Glass, the key word is resistant, so it's not 100% scratch proof. For me, I find that screen protectors usually aren't necessary for most phones. But if very tiny scratches that only appear when you hold it up to the light at a certain angle with the screen off bother you, then just leave the screen protector on.

gregoron

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I took it off as the protector has lots of scratches already and was bothering me. If I get scratches on the screen, maybe I can buff it with an auto headlight restoration kit.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I took it off as the protector has lots of scratches already and was bothering me. If I get scratches on the screen, maybe I can buff it with an auto headlight restoration kit.

Not sure if that'll work. Headlight restoration kits are usually designed for plastic headlight housings.

jc0187

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I buy my screen protectors from eBay. They are sooo cheap and provide good protection from scratches. I never used the screens on my other phone, and after 5 or 6 months the screen was impossibly hard to read.

Alex Meander

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
You should try using a wet application screen protector because it's easier to get the bubbles out. After 24 hours, the bubbles should be gone. The one I am currently using for my devices is ArmorSuit MilitaryShield. I like how it's really easy to install and they have videos too. Not to mention, if you ever need a new one, they have lifetime replacements.

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone here not using a screen protector and still have scratch free screen?

My original screen protector that came with the phone, somehow got a tiny tear in it so I need to remove it really. I have been trying to source another original Nokia one with no success.

Debating just going without one now. I did look at the armorshield one, but as you need to make sure you squeeze out excess fluid and the phone actually has a raised edge around the screen, I didn't think that was a good idea.

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
My wife dropped hers and it is scratched to death and deep scratches as well, unless you have it in a case i would leave it on
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Board Express

Skaughtto

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I ditched my screen protector as soon as the WP8 phones came out and I heard we weren't getting the updates. No scratches since, been a few months.

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Since I'm not the careless type who are likely to drop their cellular devices in an instant, I don't use screen protectors or cases. I've never dropped my Lumia 710 and the overall frame looks as if I just got it this very day.

Either way, it never hurts to install one as a precautionary measure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05