Screen Protector

Cascade#IM

Nov 21, 2006
Visit site
Anybody have a good recommendation for a good, super clear, super thin screen protector for the Epix? I've always liked the Brando ones for my Treos, but they don't list the Epix.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
How much money do you want to spend? Boxwave offers one for the i780(same screen size) but a 3 pack is $28 I think.

Martin Fields may have one that fits too, but they are even more expensive. 2 for $24(and I think they may have gone up last time I checked) is the norm for them.

MF is very good, just expensive. Boxwave is good too, and thicker than MF. Although due to it being for a touchscreen, perhaps thinner would be better.

webdave

Apr 24, 2004
Visit site
The i780 screen is different than the Epix. The Boxwave i780 protectors have a hole for the front facing camera that does not exist on the Epix. Also the bottom is notched out on the i780. The only ones I have found for the Epix are the Zagg/BodyGuardz type.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
The Martin Fields one seems to have a slight notch for the camera but not that much. Plus it has a small cover for the camera. Just noticed it has the small bottom notch too.

http://overlayplus.com/US/dis_product.asp?model=Sam_i780&modeln=i780&prod_type=screen

You can also buy screen protectors for larger phones and cut them. Omnia ones are now available from Boxwave and they can be cut.

If all else fails, try PSP or Nintendo DS screen savers then. Just cut them. I'm not sure of touchscreen sensitivity with them on though. But the DS is a touchscreen so that one may work better.

Last edited:

Cascade#IM

Nov 21, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I got the Zagg type one, but just for the screen. Should be here in a couple days. I'll post how it fits and goes on.

jwebb56

May 19, 2007
Visit site
I bought the i780 Martin Fields screen protector and can vouch that it works just fine on an EPIX. Yes there is a very small cutout for the i780 camera in the upper right (no camera lens there on the EPIX) and a slightly larger cutout on the lower edge that fits around the i780 mouse controls (the EPIX requires no cutout). However, those cutouts are small, unnoticeable and most importantly no where near the active area of the screen. I generally would fuss over fit issues but these are so unnoticeable that I no longer even realize they are there.

jwebb56

May 19, 2007
Visit site
No problem. I wanted to let EPIX owners know that the MF protector is a viable option. IMO it is an excellent screen protector and fits the EPIX's screen very well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4