screencasting in new xbox one experience?

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone been able to screen cast to their Xbox One after the update? I have been looking forward to using this feature and cant get it to work no matter what i try.

thanks!

futiles

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I use the wireless display app on the Xbox One, and find it as a display on my Win10 machine, and it works without issue for me. This has been an option since before the NXOE, though. So, what is on my PC shows on my X1 as well.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Where did you find the app? i have looked everywhere on my Xbox one store and haven't seen it anywhere. Is there something special you have to do to get it to show up? is it a setting or something?

Thanks for your response!

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I did the screen cast (cast media to device) yesterday before the update from Edge and it worked great. I'll have to give it another try now that I have the update installed.

lbp775

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I was looking for this application also but couldn't find it. This is one of the features that I was looking forward to.

futiles

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I will try to remember to look into it when I get home. Sorry, I completely forgot about this yesterday, as I was playing Fallout...

mjb666

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
It used to work fine and now doesn't with new update. Never had to install an app previously to get this working either.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

harrypotteram

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
This is a feature that is missing for so long. How can we not have the ability to cast to xbox yet. It is so disappointing. I was really hoping to use continuum with xbox over miracast.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Worst part is that people in the recent preview could use a downloadable app to do it. Now, that app has disappeared.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
cant get it to work from my windows 10 to xbox one either it launches the movies and tv app on my xbox one when i try casting from my windows 10 tablet but nothing ever loads up

critta71

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I can cast from my windows 10 laptop to xbox one. I had to load the films and tv app on the xbox one first.
and the first time I tried to cast it wouldn't work. I think it had itself in a spin still after install the app. but then it just worked. and even now still working. I didn't need to load the wireless display app.(mind you I cant find it on the store as not a preview member)
I just wish I could get it to work from my phone now. have a new 950 but no option to cast to anything

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Don't feel like you're missing out on much. The Xbox One is terrible as a Miracast receiver.

You're way better off with a dedicated receiver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte