SD Card

Nilesh64

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I have a 128gb SD from Scandisk. Can store pics, songs,files,videos without any issues. Any apps I install on SD card, installs but then when I try to access the app, get a message saying SD Card unavailable when i can access it through file manager, see my pics, videos etc....I even formatted the sd card on my pc but still same issues!
Any idea guys.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
what is the class of the sdcard i believe you need class 10 and above to run an app without glitches (various devices might have there own limitations) and have you done a sdcard reset through the phone using storage sense? do tell us whether you are an insider or not.

Nilesh64

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Thanks.
I am not sure what class it is to be honest. Is there a way of finding out? Please could you advise how to reset the SD card from my phone? Did you mean format through the format function in the storage setting?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
You mention a Scandisk. Is that a typo. If not, it could be a Sandisk knockoff. If it's a knockoff, then I'm not surprised.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
it could be 2 things, either the sandisk card is defective/fake or the card reader in the phone is defective... 1) I would try another card and see if it works properly, or 2) perform a factory restore on the phone and see if that fixes things... either way you will find out which works and which doesn't... but I have heard of cards on amazon being fakes... maybe you got a fake card? what happens is the fake cards causes all sorts of problems, one being like you described. it can read them fine but when it comes to accessing the card for apps or movies then the card doesn't work correctly because it is too slow...

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I found it is not a good idea to install apps on SD card because some apps malfunctions while others even complain that cannot be installed on SD card. Only try install very large apps on SD and make sure they work normally.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Why install apps on Micro SD cards? I have the 950Xl also which has 32 GB on the device, apps can always be re-installed after upgrade or a reset, but everytime I reset the phone wants to get rid of app info that is on the Micro SD card.

Why go through the hassle of installing apps on Micro SD card, wouldn't it make sense to store data on Micro SD card so it can easily be kept and used after an upgrade or reset?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
just look on amazon there is a plethora of them on there, best to get U3 and X300 or more... easy peasy :winktongue:

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Why install apps on Micro SD cards? I have the 950Xl also which has 32 GB on the device, apps can always be re-installed after upgrade or a reset, but everytime I reset the phone wants to get rid of app info that is on the Micro SD card.

Why go through the hassle of installing apps on Micro SD card, wouldn't it make sense to store data on Micro SD card so it can easily be kept and used after an upgrade or reset?

Depends on how you reset your phone. If you restore from backup then your apps get installed just as before you reset. The point of the SD is to just expand storage, I don't think it really matters how you use that storage. Especially if you watch what you are buying and research before making a decision. For me I prefer just storing everything to SD and just let the system storage sit there and look pretty. I have a 64GB Class 10 U1 with 85MB/sec transfer rate. Everything works fine for me using this.

sniperla

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
The SanDisk Micro SD Cards are to slow in writing. Buy a Samsung PRO Card with 128GB. The Reading and Writing Times are Minimum 90MB/s. Buying only the Cards from Samsung! The SD EVO's are very Slow too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen