Search button not illuminated

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I got an Icon from an eBay store, called "reconditioned" but looked new to me. I used it for a day or two and then enabled PFD (couldn't go another day without it :) and the next day noticed the search button no longer lit up. Finally did a hard reset but no diff. So: hardware failure, return for replacement (they're good about that) or possibly software, wait for Denim?

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
When I had my Icon, I enabled PFD as soon as it became available. My buttons were not affected. Perhaps someone else can chime in, but wanted you to know I have not heard that this is an effect of putting on PFD.

shann123

May 21, 2014
Visit site
When I bought a used 1020 I had the same problem right when I received the phone. I just sent it to Nokia repair and had it fixed.

yihong kang

May 5, 2014
Visit site
None of my key illuminates (back, windows, search), but I didn't notice it until I saw this post. Probably something to do with the PFD, but I won't bother sending it back for just the illumination.

Padr1n0

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
None of my key illuminates (back, windows, search), but I didn't notice it until I saw this post. Probably something to do with the PFD, but I won't bother sending it back for just the illumination.
I think it uses a sensor. Try covering it with your hand or go in the dark and you should see it light up.