Seems faster

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I got my ASUS laptop back from warranty repair. They replaced the HDD, screen and AC adapter. It really does boot faster.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
As you get older everything seems faster, except for my internet speed on my phone and my laptop which probably needs a refresh. I won't touch on my work computer because I have 7 year old computer that's faster... :p

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I saw a show on the Science Channel that said if we didn't have a moon slowing the rotation of the earth our days would change from 24 hours to 6 hours. That would be an extremely fast day and make the adage that the days just fly by, true.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I saw a show on the Science Channel that said if we didn't have a moon slowing the rotation of the earth our days would change from 24 hours to 6 hours. That would be an extremely fast day and make the adage that the days just fly by, true.

That is a bizarre concept, but then so is the idea that the Earth is rotating slower and slower. We'd probably have a completely different ecological system with a 6 hour day. I guess our years would be longer though going by the concept of 'days'. We would have an estimated 1460 days in a year, assuming our rotation was the same around the sun.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The Earth would also tumble on its axis, causing dramatic weather and temperature changes on a weekly basis. Seasons would be nonexistent.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but not very comfortable. It would be fun for a few minutes. I've never been a petrol head. :p

One reason I posted this was because if someone bids on it at an upcoming auction and wins the wallet will empty really really fast.
:smile:
It might fetch up and over $100,000.00 usd.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel