Sending Videos

gator

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
How the heck do you send a video from the Samsung Focus to an email address?? I can't figure it out from the phone or Zune!!

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
We can't send video from our phone at the moment unfortunately. I don't remember if we get that feature in Mango or not. When you sync your phone, Zune should put a copy of videos on your computer into Pictures > From [your_phone's_name] > Camera roll.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
We do have this in Mango I sent a few already just testing it worked fine on my Arrive with Mango.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes, in Mango, and it's very limited. I tried to send a 16 second clip via email, and it said the file was too big to send. :/

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well you could always Send it Via TXT with out mango . i do that all the time . just sent my budy a 1minv id to test it .... its not e-mail but better then nothing i guess.

EDIT: ah WTF scrach that! .. i send a Video , when i opened it it opened a a JPEG file .. WTF!! lmao!!!
they converted my VID to a PIC!!

Last edited:

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, MMS are limited to 680K or something like that. That is not WP7 fault. If you record a HD video do not expect it to be able to send a very long one.

It should, however, have the option to re-encode and re-compress to a smaller size/format.

cormasco

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
The options in mango are Email, Facebook, Skydrive. I was able to send a 1 min vid to skydrive but not email. I was able to email a 30 second video. I took the videos with HTC Arrive.

Peter McCain

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
OK, please can anyone give me an update on this.

Can we send video messg? like on text? mms i think?
if not, email videos?

My current phone, Epic 4G, whenever i want to record some video, it first gives me the option normal or limit for mms. then if i want to share it gives me Allshare, bluetooth, email,fb, messaging and YouTube options.
What options do i have on WP7.5

It is not the most important thing for me, but I have 2 kids and I use this feature occasionally.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Videos can be shared by email, facebook and skydrive. Unfortunately no sharing through messaging yet. I am glad mango allows video sharing to facebook. That's pretty important to me.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried to send a 35 second video by email, and got an error. It said it was too large to send as an email attachment. When I cut the video size down to 25 seconds, it went just fine.
So there must be limits as to how long you can send a clip by phone, Maybe saving and sending through Zune might work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo