Seriously Horrible/Embarrassing SMS Voice Recognition Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Last night I was using SMS voice recognition to message my 17 year old son. I said "What does mother think of your haircut". What came up on the screen was "Suck my d***."

What makes it worse is it then decided to send the message. I did not say send but it did!

Pas

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
the speech recognition leaves a lot to be desired. it pretty much sucks, in my opinion. i've yet use it and it translates what i say into anything close.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Yea, the dictation on Windows Phone is a joke. It's the biggest reason I switched to the iPhone 4s. I hate the iPhone (and anything Apple really, including the company), but man does Siri sure work. It's nice being able to say "Pay the Dish bill" and it dictate EXACTLY THAT instead of "hey the d****bag!". Microsoft really needs to put forth a little more effort in their stuff...

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine works great. I use it all the time in the car and have even started using it successfully in public areas where there is a good amount of background noise. I've found that keeping it a foot or more away from your mouth and speaking at a normal volume level helps. It messes up if I get too close to my mouth. Enunciation is helpful, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs