Share your Best Surface Pro 4 Accessories!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For all the Surface Pro 4 owners out there, what are your best accessory picks? One I highly recommend is the Surface Dock.

Feel free to share your picks here and link them up! It'll help us discover, research and buy new gear!! :)

PPCApache

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I would say it best accessories for me are the following two

Urban Armour Gear - Magma Scout Case for SP4
IMG_20161120_144349.jpg

[redacted]

SP4 Docking station.
I actually bought this for my old SP3 that I sent in for a Warranty repair and found it was faulty so upgraded to the SP4

Last edited by a moderator:

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
The main two accessories I use for the surface pro 4 are the dock (of course) as it allows me to use multiple monitors for work, plus connect to Ethernet and allows for several other usb ports.

The other accessory I use and while it's not specific to the Surface Pro 4 but I use the Powerbeats Headphones. Use this to listen to a lot of webcasts, performance updates and pod casts etc throughout the work day.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The main two accessories I use for the surface pro 4 are the dock (of course) as it allows me to use multiple monitors for work, plus connect to Ethernet and allows for several other usb ports.

The other accessory I use and while it's not specific to the Surface Pro 4 but I use the Powerbeats Headphones. Use this to listen to a lot of webcasts, performance updates and pod casts etc throughout the work day.

Sweet. Would actually love to hear more about the dock in another thread if you have strong opinions on it!!

Are the Powerbeats wireless?

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
The Powerbeats are wireless and conveniently connected through Bluetooth to my computer. The charging cable is plugged into the dock. It's a one stop shop!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Nice!!

I really only use headphones when I travel, or happen to be working in a noisy location. I have the Bose over ear noise cancelling headphones for that. But they're corded! Not a huge deal, they sound great and do the job :)

May 15, 2017
Visit site
is the smart cover keyboard not considered an accessory lol (as in you have to buy separately)? that and the surface mouse are definites that are always with my sp4. as much as i like the dock, i don't see a need for it to travel everywhere with me. the smart cover, obviously because it provides screen protection when carrying and keyboard when in use. also, the surface mouse because it connects so well with the sp4 and offers a more precision editing than the trackpad. give me these 2 with the sp4 and i can work anywhere there's a surface ( no pun intended)

Althie

May 15, 2017
Visit site
For me the most needed accessories are External HDD and the SD card, I wish MSFT would enable the option to store the store apps on the SD card, it will be easier to transfer them to a different machine when needed, I know the store remembers them in your account but you still need to install them when you switch computers. Having them installed on SD card will resolve the problem.

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Arc Touch Mouse is amazing for travel. Takes up a small amount of space but 'feels' more like a full sized mouse. I'd like to get the second version, but i'd rather save up for the dock first. Also, I'm assuming we're simply not counting the keyboards/pens... otherwise i feel that would top everyone's list. Also have a microSD card for expanded storage since i have the base model with only 128gigs of storage.

bprashant19

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I use this every day for my Surface pro 4 its the startech ST3300GU3B has Ethernet port and 3 USB 3.0 ports. View attachment 136499

can you give more insight on this. My friend recently bought a surface pro 4 since he got a good deal. Currently he is looking for something similar but surface dock is a bit expensive and is looking for alternate solutions.

It would be great if you could list the pros and cons for this compared to surface dock.

mongo46

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I was fortunate to get the Surface 4 for work and the normal configuration comes with the dock, Ethernet adapter and I opted for display port to VGA adapter because I have two monitors. The Microsoft display port to VGA I think retails around $40. The first accessory I bought off on my dime was off Amazon, the VTIN universal display port multi port adapter. It comes with VGA, HDMI and DVI-D. This is my go to tool! I don't travel often but heading to different venues, I don't know what connections are available, so have 1 device that connect to virtually anything is a necessity. AND... it was only about $20+ !!! Seriously, for half the price of what Microsoft offered, I picked up 3 x the versatility of the standard port adapter. Useful and affordable!

I do have an Arc mouse which I like, (previous purchase) but I'm liking the new Surface Arc mouse that is coming out. I've tried it out at a local demo. Almost same design, however it doesn't have that middle strip of buttons visible. This is important because I'm finding the buttons are getting stuck a bit with little flecks of dirt, etc., With the new Surface Arc mouse, it's all one body, so no more potential issues with buttons jamming. Again, it isn't out yet and for about $99, I don't think I'll rush out to get one right away, but if there's a sale and my current mouse dies, then yes, I will be picking one up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans