Share your W10M Start Screens and Backgrounds!

Torontonian22

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Always liked the simplicity of Windows phone and I keep mine as simple and sober as possible. Even if my Lumia 930 is not my main phone anymore, I still keep it to test W10M

Here's my new test. Using the same patterns I used in the past but with a colored background (grey-ish). I'll try some more combinations and see what's more legible.

DeviceShot131143613514304740.jpg

Torontonian22

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
You can easily create blank tiles with the app called Start perfect. However, the tiles are either black, white or transparent.

However, to match my background color, I had to go through a few more steps:

1. Use Tile perfect to create a wallpaper of the color of your choice (solid color)
2. In the settings, use the newly created wallpaper as a background
3. Go back to your startscreen and rearrange your tiles in a way that you can have a big enough gap to reveal the background
4. Take a snapshot of your startscreen showing the background
5. go to your photos app, open the snapshot you just took, zoom in the image until you only see the background color and take a snapshot
6. Now, you have a snapshot that matches exactly your background
7. Open the app called #Tileart and use the latest snapshot you took
8. pin the tiles to your starscreen and voila

The tiles will blend perfectly with your background and will become non visible, allowing you to create gaps between your tiles.

Now, why didn't I directly use the wallpaper that I created with Start Perfect in step 1 ? Because when an image is pinned to the background, the color becomes slightly different, like if an overlay was added to it. Therefore, even if the image in the background is made from the wallaper generated by Start Perfect, the colors are slightly different and the using that image with #Tileart would create tiles that would slightly clearer than your background therefore wouldn't blend perfectly.

When using a completely dark of white background, it's different, simply use Start Perfect and it will take you a few seconds. But when you are using a specific colored background, this is the best way if you don't want to see the separating tiles at all.

Sound like a lot of steps but once you are used to it, it takes only 2-3 minutes to accomplish.

Hope this helps !

Last edited:

NokiLumia520

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Always liked the simplicity of Windows phone and I keep mine as simple and sober as possible. Even if my Lumia 930 is not my main phone anymore, I still keep it to test W10M

Here's my new test. Using the same patterns I used in the past but with a colored background (grey-ish). I'll try some more combinations and see what's more legible.

View attachment 128980
What is the name of the clock app you are using?

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Finally downloaded WM 10 and now playing around with the endless search for my very own easy to use startscreen....
ImageUploadedByWindows Central Forums1470390277.548701.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWindows Central Forums1470390330.500965.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWindows Central Forums1470390330.500965.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 20

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
9zUznrg.jpg

My latest background. A photo, taken with my 950XL, at the New York Central Railroad Museum.

Sent from mTalk on my Microsoft Lumia 950XL phone

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I recently had to do a hard reset to fix some issues I was having. After I got it all working again I decided to try something a little different for me. And thanks to an image that Lumious shared back on page 10 of this thread, I have a very sweet minimalist start screen. Going to hang on to this one a while.

wp_ss_20160806_0001.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes