"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

isi44

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Would Verizon be able in any way shape or form match Best Buy's $100 price? Soo unfair to pay more, but I'll be going on vacation and can get my blue 8X now at a Verizon store after having cancelled my preorder. Best Buys don't have 'em yet... would be great if Verizon would match the price... but I know it's probably not going to happen when I try it.

hecjc

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, finally I got my Blue 8X. Fedex delivered at 2:45. The phone is beautiful and I am happy to finally have it in my hands after all the bull**** we all went trought. I wanted to ask you all if you got earphones with your phone. I only got the charger and the usb cable. I remember seeing videos of the unboxing of the phone on the web and they showed earphones. Maybe were phones from the UK and they get different things than in the US. No big deal because I know they don't give you good quality earphones but I was curious if you guys got the same things.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, finally I got my Blue 8X. Fedex delivered at 2:45. The phone is beautiful and I am happy to finally have it in my hands after all the bull**** we all went trought. I wanted to ask you all if you got earphones with your phone. I only got the charger and the usb cable. I remember seeing videos of the unboxing of the phone on the web and they showed earphones. Maybe were phones from the UK and they get different things than in the US. No big deal because I know they don't give you good quality earphones but I was curious if you guys got the same things.

So much for "before Thanksgiving.." :sweaty:

soaringthor

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Anybody heard anything on their Red 8X? Mine showed Ship Date 11/21 until 11/21, now I have no ship date at all. But the order is still in process... nothing in my email yet.

If I could, I'd cancel and get a black 8X, but man... I love that red.

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Anybody heard anything on their Red 8X? Mine showed Ship Date 11/21 until 11/21, now I have no ship date at all. But the order is still in process... nothing in my email yet.

If I could, I'd cancel and get a black 8X, but man... I love that red.

According to both the rep I talked to on the phone and in the store, it's been pushed back until the 27th and that notification emails should have been sent but for some reason didn't. Both of them were very confused by that but I say at this point wait and see if it ships by Tuesday.

3773M

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
What order number do you guys have on your red 8x? Mine is 64xxx and the rep I spoke with said that means there are 64xxx-1 people who ordered before me. My order status has always just been "received, in-progress".

soaringthor

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
What order number do you guys have on your red 8x? Mine is 64xxx and the rep I spoke with said that means there are 64xxx-1 people who ordered before me. My order status has always just been "received, in-progress".
I'm 64xxx also. I think I read that earlier in the thread, and that idea is preposterous. I preordered at like 8am the first day of preorders, and am supposed to believe that 64,000 people preordered before me? If there's so much interest in preordering a phone, why are there reports of some stores receiving only like 4 black 8Xs in the initial shipment?

FWIW (nothing), here's my Verizon chat from last night. I'm just disgusted at the variety of information everyone is getting (looking through other people's posted chats).

Code:
Marco: Steven which phone did you order on our site?
Marco: I can see the order but not the phone
Steven: I ordered the red Windows Phone 8X by HTC
Marco: ah ok one second
Marco: what day was it supposed to ship out steven?
Steven: I preordered the day preorders started, and the Red was supposed to ship out 11/21
Marco: ok give me a sec still checking to see why it has not shipped
Steven: Thanks for checking.
Marco: No problem
Marco: Ok steven, the date has been pushed back for the Red HTC 8x to the 27th
Marco: I apologize about that. an email did go out
Marco: did you not receive it?
Steven: up until wednesday, it was listed as expected to ship on 11/21. Yesterday, the ship date just disappeared from the order status page.
Marco: Right and the thing is the order looks like its processing 
Marco: It looks like its about to ship.
Marco: Same thing happend with the iPhones
Marco: I would recommend waiting until Monday, and see if it ships out by monday. 
Marco: The order moved into another system and that's the system it ships out of 
Marco: so that's good news.
Steven: But you just said the ship date was pushed to the 27th...
Marco: But i don't know why exactly it did not ship on wed
Marco: It is pushed to the 27th but those dates are always estimated 
Marco: it can always come early
Steven: well no, right now it's coming late
Marco: Yes it is coming late in your case
Steven: with no communication to me, and no ship date on the order status page
Marco: let me see if my supervisor can look at something a bit further
Marco: Ok, never mind 
Marco: I see it here, yes i see the email that was sent to you about the delay did you not get it?
Marco: The email went out on 11/14
Marco: With a discount of 30% off a case due to the error.
Steven: so why did it tell me it was supposed to ship on 11/21 all the way through 11/21?
<snip because I got angry with Marco>
Code:
Marco: Reason for the delay is HTC is having trouble keeping up with the Red phone
Marco: Everyone wants the red one
Steven: and nobody has gotten it
Marco: Few have
Steven: Are they having trouble keeping up because they didn't make any?
Marco: We started sending them out in the order the pre orders came in
Marco: It just says Manufacturing shortage

WP95

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Man, Verizon and HTC doing a terrible job with this.
Preordered my Blue 8X the 8th, the day they started taking preorders. Said I will most likely get mine the 16th or so.
Over that week, I decided to cancel my preorder since I never even payed for it and wanted to wait and decide if I wanted the red one and to check out the Lumia 822 as well.
They said on the phone "we will call you when your phone comes in and you can cancel it then"
That was like 15th. It is now the 26th and still no phone call!
Going to call tomorrow and see what the deal is.

afripino

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
FINALLY!!!! Got my Blue one in yesterday and my Red one in today! I must say...these phones are AWESOME! I'm still following up with our VZW business rep to see what the heck happened with these pre-order shenanigans. As of now though....two big sighs of relief!!!!!

And now...I play...

jake1110

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow, good deal. I'm still waiting for my Blue 8X pre-ordered way back on the 9th via my business line. Last week, VZ rep said it would be here tomorrow but I haven't received a shipping notification yet. Really hope I can get one by December because I have a family plan I'm trying to dissolve in order to get on my company's business account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes