Shipping early?

chadthebuilder

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I doubt it would be sooner. The actual release date is the 20th, so I doubt it will be sooner. (Would be cool to get it early though :p)

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

gpmic

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Like other major tech releases, I'm sure Fedex/UPS will screw up on a few of them and deliver them early, but I doubt a large portion of people get them early.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It's been almost 3 weeks since I preordered and I still haven't even been billed yet!!
Not getting my hopes up for early delivery :/

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
You might, depending on where you live. I got my surface rt 2 days early because I think they miscalculated the days it took for it to go from China to Tennessee or wherever to Hawaii. Plus sometimes UPS doesn't read the instructions not to deliver the package until the 20th, which was a specific instruction even on the box. So cross your fingers.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
It's been almost 3 weeks since I preordered and I still haven't even been billed yet!!
Not getting my hopes up for early delivery :/

They only do a "credit check" and temporarily bill your account when it is ordered. That charge falls off after a day or two and then they do a final billing when the product is actually ready to head out the door.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I am thinking it will be right on time. Looking forward to it. It really made my SP2 look old by comparison. In fact, been using my Dell Venue 8 Pro more than the SP2 lately. Been surprised how well the 8" form factor works. Though I am sure I'll use the SP3 a lot come next Friday.

Kyle Baker2

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Kind of wondering...if these things ship from China, if we will see a "shipped" notice soon on our orders?
If it's going to make it here by friday, it definitely needs to ship in the next 24-48 hours. I'm going to be pretty annoyed if I can walk into Best Buy on Friday and buy one while my pre-ordered unit is in transit still.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
If it's going to make it here by friday, it definitely needs to ship in the next 24-48 hours. I'm going to be pretty annoyed if I can walk into Best Buy on Friday and buy one while my pre-ordered unit is in transit still.

I've pre-ordered from Microsoft Store twice and always had it on release day. Hopeful still! :)

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The release date is Friday. Not necessarily the delivery date...

LazyEvul

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had never forgotten that. It doesn't change my opinion that a device preordered a month in advance should arrive on release day.

Gotta agree there. People who made that commitment so early on should be able to get their device the same day that people can just walk into a store and buy one, which should be possible on Friday provided that stores keep enough in stock. They have every right technically (and legally) to ship them on the 20th, but it'd be a massive slap in the face to everyone who rushed onto their website to pre-order as soon as they could.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
To be honest, I'm happy to have pre-ordered in the belief that one will be shipped to me as soon as is realistic. But I'm in Western Australia, and with WA generally understood to mean Wait Awhile, I reckon mine will arrive at least a week after other places. Still, I've spent some time writing a script to silent-install all the programs I'll need on it so that'll reduce the time from unboxing until I can actually use it :D

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone hear anything from best buy ad far as when it will ship and arrive. I preordered there for free financing and the navy keyboard!

jedge

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone hear anything from best buy ad far as when it will ship and arrive. I preordered there for free financing and the navy keyboard!

Same thing as Microsoft. 1 sales rep says it ships ON the 20th, another says it ships to be DELIVERED on the 20th. Better off just reserving one and pick it up in-store.

Although it is reassuring that most everyone who pre-ordered the SP2 (and SP for that matter) pretty unanimously say it arrived at their door on launch day. Not that that proves it will be the same with SP3. Guess we'll find out soon because credit cards should be billed and shipping notices going out in the day or two.

gpmic

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, I'm happy to have pre-ordered in the belief that one will be shipped to me as soon as is realistic. But I'm in Western Australia, and with WA generally understood to mean Wait Awhile, I reckon mine will arrive at least a week after other places. Still, I've spent some time writing a script to silent-install all the programs I'll need on it so that'll reduce the time from unboxing until I can actually use it :D

This x 1000. Microsoft is doing some really impressive things in regards to customer support and feedback. They should realize that the crazy (me being one of them) tech enthusiasts who pre-order as soon as it's available are the one's who are either going to recommend their products to their less tech-inclined friends or tell them to look elsewhere. Malcolm Gladwell did a whole chapter on early adopters in his book The Tipping Point....great read.

Obviously there are units available if BestBuy and the Microsoft store's have them for sale on the 20th, so it is feasible to ship preorders out to the early adopters.

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I was chatting with a sales rep on store.microsoft.com and he said it will ship on the 20th, not arrive on the 20th and that shipping is ground, not next day.

mikeakanice

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I was chatting with a sales rep on store.microsoft.com and he said it will ship on the 20th, not arrive on the 20th and that shipping is ground, not next day.
That would be extremely dissapointing and a slap in the face to people who showed Microsoft faith in their product and pre ordered early. No excuse not to get the product to those who ordered a month in advance of the surface being released.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124