Shipping early?

thelern

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with a Best Buy CSR because my order state kept getting reset. He seemed pretty knowledgable. Basically, it amounts to them not having the product (or enough of the product). When he noticed it was a pre-release order, he mentioned that it looks like they have not received all of their release stock.

Based on my own assumptions from the call, it sounds as if that when their internal system recognizes inventory, it flags all pending orders to process. Some orders get fully processed and shipped and the others get reset because there is nothing to ship. They get more units in and the process starts all over again. Don't take that as fact as it is pure speculation on my part. It just seems to align with the CSRs comments and would explain why the order would go through the whole ordering process again.

He also corrected himself when he mentioned "back-ordered". Because they haven't received all of their initial stock it seems, they can't consider the product back-ordered.

It does seem like you may have better luck getting a unit in store (though that is speculative as well as I remember Best Buy only having 3-5 units of each model of various other gadgets in the past on release).

It appears that the store had 8 but since I had them convert the order before they opened it is now waiting for me at the store. I agree with your assumptions as that is what appeared was happening. It is just poorly designed for the customer as the order status should never change unless the next step can be done. That is my personal opinion but with any programming there is two ways at least to do it.

Thanks for the update on what you found.

Fpfpfpfp

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Great, UPS tell me "Your package arrived late to the destination city. You should expect at least one business day delay."
That means I won't get my SP3 before tuesday because monday is a holiday here in Quebec :(

nrnw

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
fellow posters, need help - I pre-ordered on 20-May, finally late last night received the shipping notification; 16 hrs later, the product was still not with UPS and they asked I talk to Microsoft. Spoke to the manager on Microsoft store online help and he claims that they have not shipped a single SP3 (told him on the face he was lying and yet he stood his ground and initially was not willing to tell me when they will ship; eventually told me they may ship by EOD today and it may take up to 7 business days; he challenged me and asked me to provide an order number that was actually delivered by Microsoft store). I really don't know what I am dealing with now. Is anyone else facing a similar situation? How to resolve this?

andrantos

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
It appears that the store had 8 but since I had them convert the order before they opened it is now waiting for me at the store. I agree with your assumptions as that is what appeared was happening. It is just poorly designed for the customer as the order status should never change unless the next step can be done. That is my personal opinion but with any programming there is two ways at least to do it.

Thanks for the update on what you found.

I ended up switching to an in-store pickup as well. My original online order had gone through the ordering process states multiple times today. Makes it really difficult to be patient when the order is 1 step away from shipping only to get reset to square one. I had a CSR do it for me, but she essentially canceled the original order and made a new in-store pick up order.

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
fellow posters, need help - I pre-ordered on 20-May, finally late last night received the shipping notification; 16 hrs later, the product was still not with UPS and they asked I talk to Microsoft. Spoke to the manager on Microsoft store online help and he claims that they have not shipped a single SP3 (told him on the face he was lying and yet he stood his ground and initially was not willing to tell me when they will ship; eventually told me they may ship by EOD today and it may take up to 7 business days; he challenged me and asked me to provide an order number that was actually delivered by Microsoft store). I really don't know what I am dealing with now. Is anyone else facing a similar situation? How to resolve this?

PM sent. Good luck.

Anidexlu Maga

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I too need help. I ordered from BestBuy on May 21st and on Wednesday they asked me to update my payment information which I did yesterday. Since that moment my order is shown as being processed but it hasn't been shipped.

I am staying in the US for just a few days. Should I do something? I already talked on the phone and they said to me that they couldn't confirm it will arrive on the 23rd because the dates are estimates (although I paid for the fastest shipping).

This is my first time buying through BestBuy.

andrantos

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I too need help. I ordered from BestBuy on May 21st and on Wednesday they asked me to update my payment information which I did yesterday. Since that moment my order is shown as being processed but it hasn't been shipped.

I am staying in the US for just a few days. Should I do something? I already talked on the phone and they said to me that they couldn't confirm it will arrive on the 23rd because the dates are estimates (although I paid for the fastest shipping).

This is my first time buying through BestBuy.

There is something weird going on with their system. My 5/21 order got reset multiple times. It would display as being 1 step away from shipping and then revert all the way back to payment validation.

Either...
1. Check to see if the model you want is available through the Best Buy website
2. Cancel your original order
3. Create an in-store pick up order

Or...
1. Call Best Buy customer service, note the weirdness you are seeing with your order
2. Explain that you wish to cancel your current order and create a new in-store pick up order

Disclaimer:
Customer Service across the interwebs can be incredibly inconsistent. They may do one thing for one customer and claim it's impossible for another.

I was also told they cannot turn a current online order into an in-store pick up order. They have to cancel your current order and make a new one. If the something goes wrong (ex. all local locations are out of stock even though showing as in-stock) you may end up waiting longer for your SP3 than if you just waited out the current online goofiness.

Anidexlu Maga

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm frustrated. They tell me to keep waiting for my shipping information. It's pretty obvious now that it will not arrive on Monday. I will try to cancel my order but they don't have internet access right now..

thelern

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
There is something weird going on with their system. My 5/21 order got reset multiple times. It would display as being 1 step away from shipping and then revert all the way back to payment validation.

Either...

Or...
1. Call Best Buy customer service, note the weirdness you are seeing with your order
2. Explain that you wish to cancel your current order and create a new in-store pick up order

Disclaimer:
Customer Service across the interwebs can be incredibly inconsistent. They may do one thing for one customer and claim it's impossible for another.

I was also told they cannot turn a current online order into an in-store pick up order. They have to cancel your current order and make a new one. If the something goes wrong (ex. all local locations are out of stock even though showing as in-stock) you may end up waiting longer for your SP3 than if you just waited out the current online goofiness.

You are right with support being not the same each time you call. My csr was able to change my order to in store pick up with out canceling the order. They really need to train better.

Anidexlu Maga

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Either...

Or...

Disclaimer:

Do you know the name? They tell me they can't cancel my order. In which step was yours when you canceled it?

Last edited:

taiohnokami

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone seen the Microsoft Store Japanese site?

新しい 12 インチ Surface Pro 3 を MicrosoftStore.com で - Microsoft Store Japan オンライン ストア

According to this, the Surface Pro 3 i3 and i7 versions ship out July 17th over there. I am considering getting my SP3 I7 from this website so I can get the device sooner, but I want to know what you guys think of this first. Any opinions (pro and con) are welcome.

If you are not in Japan. I doubt they would ship outside of Japan.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254