Shipping early?

berfles

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Those who have it out for delivery, where does it ship out of? Trying to decide if next day is worth it, even though none of them ship until 6/30 now.

Alligator42

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Mine shipped out of California. Then it went directly to Rockford, IL and on to Minneapolis. They show it moving very, very quick, so it must be on a plane for each step of the way.

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Those who have it out for delivery, where does it ship out of? Trying to decide if next day is worth it, even though none of them ship until 6/30 now.

Mine started it's Journey in Harrisburg, PA. However, I think you may find that the pre-order process is very different than the normal process. I think they stage pre-labeled pallets of these things in certain UPS hubs for the pre-order. They seem to stage them at the "final leg" so to speak. That is how they make them go from "off the grid" to on your doorstep in less than 24 hours.

chadthebuilder

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Mine can from Harrisburg, PA and shipped overnight into several different places before getting to my nearest UPS distributor place here in central Georgia.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

berfles

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I guess maybe it is still worth next day, already spending $1100 may as well spend another $17 and have it here on July 1. Sucks that I have to wait another 10 days when I could probably go buy one today at the store, but the discounts make it worth the wait I guess. I still wish you could order online and pick it up in the MS store.

EDIT: Just saw the above posts, I live in PA so if it would leave from Harrisburg it would be here the next day even with free shipping. Bleh.

acsn

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I guess maybe it is still worth next day, already spending $1100 may as well spend another $17 and have it here on July 1. Sucks that I have to wait another 10 days when I could probably go buy one today at the store, but the discounts make it worth the wait I guess. I still wish you could order online and pick it up in the MS store.

EDIT: Just saw the above posts, I live in PA so if it would leave from Harrisburg it would be here the next day even with free shipping. Bleh.

Doesn't the store offer education discount too if you were to go in there with your .edu email? At least get a free donut or something on release day today. LOL.

berfles

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't the store offer education discount too if you were to go in there with your .edu email? At least get a free donut or something on release day today. LOL.

Maybe, but there's still the 4% Fatwallet deal that is another ~$50 and the closest store is an hour away. Wouldn't have been able to take off from work this morning anyway.

acsn

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Maybe, but there's still the 4% Fatwallet deal that is another ~$50 and the closest store is an hour away. Wouldn't have been able to take off from work this morning anyway.

I see. I thought it was just the educational discount. Mine is being shipped from Harrisburg PA as well.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm about to print out the MS Store page with student pricing, so I can take it to Best Buy for a price match when I get off work. WOOHOO!

andrantos

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy's online order system is not very good. I had to end up calling them and switching it to in store pick up as the order status kept changing and at the end was a 1-2 week shipping time. The agent did not even know what the status meant. But the agent was helpful to switch it over. Hopefully no problems in picking it up.

I just got off the phone with a Best Buy CSR because my order state kept getting reset. He seemed pretty knowledgable. Basically, it amounts to them not having the product (or enough of the product). When he noticed it was a pre-release order, he mentioned that it looks like they have not received all of their release stock.

Based on my own assumptions from the call, it sounds as if that when their internal system recognizes inventory, it flags all pending orders to process. Some orders get fully processed and shipped and the others get reset because there is nothing to ship. They get more units in and the process starts all over again. Don't take that as fact as it is pure speculation on my part. It just seems to align with the CSRs comments and would explain why the order would go through the whole ordering process again.

He also corrected himself when he mentioned "back-ordered". Because they haven't received all of their initial stock it seems, they can't consider the product back-ordered.

It does seem like you may have better luck getting a unit in store (though that is speculative as well as I remember Best Buy only having 3-5 units of each model of various other gadgets in the past on release).

Last edited:

LazyEvul

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Friday morning, still no shipping notification. Guess I'm calling Microsoft after all. If they can't do anything for me, going to cancel the order and head off to a retail store to try my luck - seeing as it'll arrive late anyhow, I may as well.

berfles

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, just ordered the 256GB/i5 after a bunch of errors on the site. Got the $100 discount, 4% Fatwallet discount, and will apply $123 worth of points to my credit card to effectively take $250ish off the price.

Now I wait :(

LazyEvul

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Microsoft. They confirmed to me that the payment went through just fine, and the representative said she would get in touch with the higher-ups to have the shipment expedited - I should be expecting my Pro 3 and Type Cover by Monday. Not perfect, but I'll settle for it - I'm happy the rep was at least trying to make an effort to fix things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124