Should I buy a 1520 now?

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
As many here, i would strongly recommend to first try and then get one. I use mine and everything is flawess. I don't have any problems with it, only thing i do not like is heating problems with cpu..but hey, it have stonger cpu then my lap top and old pc alltogether so..

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
$300 is too much IMO when it can be found in such great conditions for $200... I would only spend $300 for brand new if you don't plan on getting the upcoming flagship

$300 is like half of what the upcoming flagships will probably cost about a month or two after release

I wouldn't spend more than $250

$200-230 is the best price IMO

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I'd go for it. Don't let anyone tell you it is "outdated" either. It is still an excellent high end device-it will be a long time before I replace mine. $300 for new in box is an excellent price. Search Ebay etc and you'll see $400-$500 for NIB..

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'd go for it. Don't let anyone tell you it is "outdated" either. It is still an excellent high end device-it will be a long time before I replace mine. $300 for new in box is an excellent price. Search Ebay etc and you'll see $400-$500 for NIB..

Yeah I don't agree with all the outdated remarks either, and its really funny because a plethora of people are throwing $200-250 at a new midrange Lumia that won't even get all the features that this "outdated" 1520 is going to get throughout the future of Windows 10...

A lot of people are choosing what's new over what is actually the superior device IMO

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Let me know how it is on T-mo, I tried there service but it didn't work in my house and I do a lot of traveling for work but they were a lot cheaper than Verizon but the coverage is better. Between them both being on the edge and whatever T-Mobile calls it, its like$30 more with Verizon. If I didn't used they're special program, we'd save like $170. But what are my phone choices.

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the L1520 for over a year now. I would say to go for it unless you can wait until the end of the year to purchase a WP with W10 for phones on it. I would say after owning a 520, 920, 1020, 635, and a 1520, the 1520 has been the best by far.

There are things to watch for however. One is the phantom touches that some 1520s exhibit. I have the green one, so I haven't had any phantom touches. The other issue is the light white blotches on the screen that comes after having the phone for a while. I had to do an insurance claim on my previous one with this issue. The white blotches are cosmetic, but a definite eyesore especially when having any app or the theme with a light background.

Zoran Selinsek

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm with you and some of forumers above.
No heating problems, no touchscreen sensitivity issues or whatever on my NOKIA's 1520.
And no feelings that will be outdated so soon ... keep in mind that phones can be 1000 times charged before the battery expired.
Even the rest of hardware is not bad at all for Windows OS.

But only you know how much YOU will spend for your own phone. And you know how the marked ''breathing'' in USA.
Here in Europe is different ... you'll never get such a phone for 300e ... new and without contract.

And me? I always sad I will never give more than 200e for an mp ... now I have 2 NOKIA's 1520....

NOKIA and HERE maps were reason I chose windows phone and I don't have nothing to regret at all.

But, if ever happened that Microsoft/Windows dropped NOKIA's (not only 1520) I'll dropped Microsoft/Windows.

I wish you, make a right decision ... without regret.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo