Should I buy windows 650?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am looking for windows phone and decided to buy 650. It is the right one for me for my budget. I read some reviews about 650 and many people are blaming this phone. they have mentioned that only fools will spend those money on this outdated chip device.

Is it a good buy or not?
I am from India

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey man. It's difficult to find people who own BOTH the 640XL and 650.
Be totally honest about it.
Don't just stick to one parameter like camera, performance.
So, which provides a better EXPERIENCE wrt using daily; 640XL or 650 ? :)

I've found the 650 to be somewhat better.

Originally posted by patcherd
Did my anniversary update a couple of days ago on the 650 and 640 XL with no major problems except some text scaling issues with a couple of sites. Overall an enjoyable experience with both phones that should hopefully last me for at least the next year or so.

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I owned both phones and would recomend the 650. I came from the 730 with a gorgeous AMOLED display and missed that much on the 640xl. Therefore I bought the 650 and with a black mozo wood cover it is perfect for my needs ;)

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey man. It's difficult to find people who own BOTH the 640XL and 650.
Be totally honest about it.
Don't just stick to one parameter like camera, performance.
So, which provides a better EXPERIENCE wrt using daily; 640XL or 650 ? :)

I've found the 650 to be somewhat better.

The 650 is a great all around basic get it done phone. The only reason I got the 640 XL was because it has the DDtW feature and a compass sensor. Those little things mean a lot as I always had Nokia phones with those features.

As far as daily use I found myself using the 640 XL much more because of the said features above. They are both fairly neck and neck when it comes to speed, though overall the 640 XL is a little faster.

Now I just got an NL 830 to play with for a good low price off of eBay. That's for another thread though☺

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes. The text scaling is bad on some sites. I submitted that in the feedback app

Sent from Windows 10 Mobile

I tried a soft reset and that didn't work so I tried doing a hard reset which fixed the scaling issue. But if there is a way to fix issues like that without having to hard reset, that would be great.

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I would hesitate to call it/my 650 a "really premium" device, the aluminium frame notwithstanding. Like people have posted earlier in this thread, its a budget phone and most you can call the frame, OLED display etc as "plus points" :eek:rly:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen