Should I come back??

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
My WiFi stays solid not only in my apartment but also when I go across the street to a restaurant to pick up some food. The screen is responsive when I answer phone calls, it doesn't randomly reboot, battery life is fine and I don't have heat issues.....

I think you should get your phone checked out. It's just baffling to me that some people have so many problems with their phones when others have none of them. It really does seem device-specific.

LMKz

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to say that if you are still on Windows Mobile, you are missing the boat big time. I was on WP for years, 8.1 and 10M, and finally all the bugs and lack of apps drove me to an S7 Galaxy a few weeks ago. It is has exceeded my wildest expectations, everything is fast, there are no bugs (yet), the apps are brilliant and fully featured. Never missed live tiles... Why would I? The swipe keyboard is actually capable of picking up the word "some", a revelation!

There is absolutely no good reason to stay on Windows mobile. And that is coming from a software developer who wasted years investing in the Windows ecosystem.

Not trying to be a troll, just relaying my experience having seen both sides. Microsoft have had so many chances, it's quite tragic how they've blown their opportunities.

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Pixel or iPhone IMO. Windows Phone is a great operating system (when it isn't crashing or has issues), but the lack of a real flagship and lack of applications has always been and will be the biggest problems with Windows Phone.

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to say that if you are still on Windows Mobile, you are missing the boat big time. I was on WP for years, 8.1 and 10M, and finally all the bugs and lack of apps drove me to an S7 Galaxy a few weeks ago. It is has exceeded my wildest expectations, everything is fast, there are no bugs (yet), the apps are brilliant and fully featured. Never missed live tiles... Why would I? The swipe keyboard is actually capable of picking up the word "some", a revelation!

There is absolutely no good reason to stay on Windows mobile. And that is coming from a software developer who wasted years investing in the Windows ecosystem.

Not trying to be a troll, just relaying my experience having seen both sides. Microsoft have had so many chances, it's quite tragic how they've blown their opportunities.

I understand. But android OS is so boring. You might get bored after a few weeks and long for the live tiles and Windows UI. That's what happened to me and cam back to Lumia 950

Sent from mTalk

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Same problem with me at the moment! I already had l950, but decided to sell it after too many problems and short battery life. First I switched to iPhone SE which was one of the snappiest phone I ever had, no joking! It was fast, battery was great, tones of apps-any kind you wish! But after some time I realised that I miss my lumia so much.... I was reading a lot of reviews and forums to see if the w10m got better since beginning. I found that there are still many bugs so still didn't want to take the risk.... Sold my iPhone and bought android phone (xiaomi redmi 3s). I didn't want to spend much money on another phone! So I write this post from redmi- battery is just amazing! AMAZING! Again phone is quite fast (maybe not a beast), can't complain on lack of any app in the store, there is absolutely everything you could imagine... BUT... Since I own this phone, maybe a month or two, I had to do a full factory reset due to some weird issues, apps crashes! And for me android OS is really boring, it doesn't make me happy using this phone- I know phones are not designed to make us happy but sometimes I really miss live tiles from Windows, I really miss it's eco system. So now I'm ready to switch back to l950 but still need to make sure that it is ready to meet my requirements....

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
And for me android OS is really boring, it doesn't make me happy using this phone- I know phones are not designed to make us happy but sometimes I really miss live tiles from Windows, I really miss it's eco system. So now I'm ready to switch back to l950 but still need to make sure that it is ready to meet my requirements....
Nah, you're not wrong about this. In my opinion, smartphones are very personal, and it makes sense to feel this way. A lot of things we use in our daily lives are because we had little choice at the time. I go through a lot of phones trying to find the "perfect" phone that has everything I want and need of course.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
The problem I hate is that as the updates are released, my system memory gradually increases, to the point that it takes up 25% of my internal storage! Only way to drop it back to the initial 2.59 gigs is a hard reset.... and my other storage is at a solid 4 gigs.

Other than that, it's a fluid OS. It's aesthetic component is beautiful, and being able to connect it to my PC is great as I can sync a lot (though Microsoft has opened that up to Android and IOS, so that feature isn't all that exclusive to us anymore). And then there's the apps, which I hate mentioning, but the problem is obviously limiting in terms of the OS's capabilities. But it's definitely improved, possibly even more than what I can tell you because my storage problem hasn't let me update in the past month....

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I got tempted tonight to buy a one plus three and thought am I crazy ? No device no matter how powerful is really going to win my heart to android.

Though I have to admit I am waiting to see what Nokia Will offer. Definition of insanity I guess....expecting different results.

I love the windows platform. It suits me and what I do. Any of the OS's can do that but Windows has a charm to it. I started on this OS through Nokia and always come back to it. It's like home.

engellion

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by patcherd
I got tempted tonight to buy a one plus three and thought am I crazy ? No device no matter how powerful is really going to win my heart to android.

Though I have to admit I am waiting to see what Nokia Will offer. Definition of insanity I guess....expecting different results.

I love the windows platform. It suits me and what I do. Any of the OS's can do that but Windows has a charm to it. I started on this OS through Nokia and always come back to it. It's like home.

I felt the same way last night about the Huawei P9. Two days ago, I just bought the Lumia950 (opened but never used) and Display Dock (unopened) for USD$300 on ebay. I am still in two minds about it, but....Android vs Win10M? I can't bring myself to leave Windows phone. But I think the Huawei P9 is a beautiful looking phone, feels great in the hand. If it had Windows, I'd buy it. So for now, settling on the Lumia 950.

MrockNroll

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Live tiles, continuum, awesome camera, many updates&better performance..ect. Bargain prices for a flagship phone. Ease of use & fluid OS. Being a 1%er. Still love the platform and cautiously optimistic about the Surface phone, so this will tide me over till then. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snehasharaf