Should I get 1520 or wait for next flagship ?

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
1520 has everything you would need,+ if are ok with Huge display go ahead
I think you want to wait you'll wait foe long time
+ Lumia denim is coming!!

kuwari316

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I think you should definitely wait not because of time however I think a bigger problem is the screen sensitivity issue that doesn't seem to go away. It's a great phone but the issue is a deal breaker in my opinion.
I would definitely wait or if you can't look elsewhere
Good luck

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I think its highly unlikely Microsoft will launch Windows 10, announce AND launch a new flagship phone with immediate availability in April. More likely actual availability will be around 3rd quarter.

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
i thought about this especially since there was a leak with a 5 inch screen just posted today on this site. it made me hesitate on possibly waiting, but i think i will not. the 1520 had an sd card slot that i really do want and i miss on my 920. i also like the larger screen as well. so i'll be fine with getting a 1520 instead of waiting.

curseoftheninja

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded from the 920 to the 1520. I thought about waiting, but the 1520 specs are great enough to last for another 2 years. I am very happy with this phone and the larger screen.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Is the 1520 even available any more? Over here in the UK it seems to be getting increasingly scarce. Although a few online retailers have it, many are now out of stock

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Its upto you. 1520 is the best phone. If you're desperate to buy a new one, go for it or if you're patient, then I'll suggest you to wait.
Sent from my dark knight 1320

Andrew Fratkin

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Spec wise the 1520 is still a very capable and as lean an OS Windows 8.1 is, you will be OK for a long time. My wife just replace her 822 and just loves the 1520.
Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

uberlaff

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same situation with a 920. I love my 920 and would be fine waiting for the next flagship but the main microphone just crapped out on me. The only way to make phone calls is through a headset. Now I need to do something and the 1520 will probably be my device.

If the recent leak was phablet sized phone I would wait. I have a feeling the next device will be compatible with the Surface Pen and that would just be awesome. I do a lot of sketches and markups and this would be perfect.

danielcalutul

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Next flagship will apear after long time for sure. Maybe will deserve to wait. But if you are fan of huge display then this one is for everyone who want windows phones

Big sharp display
Best batery in every class
Micro sd
Nokia glace and double tap for wake device
I don't miss apps

- huge but if you can handle it perfect
A little bit to sensitive the screen

I try to find a reason to change the phone but,I don't have it. I accommodate with OS . Super simple and intuitive. Nokia 1520 it's a flagship and will receive all future update.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
i thought about this especially since there was a leak with a 5 inch screen just posted today on this site. it made me hesitate on possibly waiting, but i think i will not. the 1520 had an sd card slot that i really do want and i miss on my 920. i also like the larger screen as well. so i'll be fine with getting a 1520 instead of waiting.

Worth noting that those are for development and probably prototyping purposes, and if anything, tells me this device is further out than I would otherwise think.

Whats the sensitivity problem everyone talking about ?

I could be wrong (plenty of people with firsthand knowledge, and I have a 920, not a 1520) but I believe it is where the device registers slides as a bunch of taps in a line. (my Venue 8 Pro once exhibited this defect, so I could be getting mixed up)
I remember reading about the remedy being applying pressure in certain regions of the device, but it has been quite some time.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Depends on whether you are going subsidize the phone or buy it out right. Without a doubt the device is worth owning, however I don't think the device is valuable enough to warrant a two year contract when other devices would release during that time.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
What phone do you have now? If you are happy with it, I would wait. I have a 920 that works fine, so I will likely wait to see what is announced in the spring (or leaked beforehand).

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Same as yours, 920

If yours is still running as smooth as mine is, you might be in the wait camp. I have read some people say that they are having battery problems but I'm not one of them. The 1520 was a very tempting upgrade for me last spring, but I'm actually happy that I waited. I save quite a bit of money each month and I don't have a problem waiting a few more months to see what rolls out. Full disclosure: I'm not normally a wait till the next big thing person, but I think Windows 10, combined with the fact that this will be the first MS flagship, is unique enough of a situation to hold out for a bit.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
My recommendation is if you don't get one before the holidays (1520) you might as well wait until later on in 2015 for the implementation of Windows 10. Trust me the 1520 is an amazing piece of technology and you wouldn't be disappointed, but there's been a lot of chatter about new phones coming out especially around the launch of 10. I love my 1520, and as far as I'm concerned, I have my flagship.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12