Should I move on to an Apple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortex73

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: tried an iphone 6 and iphone 6+ today .... got so jealous !

I have an unlocked 64GB iPhone 6 plus and an unlocked AT&T 1520. I am still debating which one to sell. I have used HTC titan, Lumia 920, Lumia 1020, Lumia Icon, Lumia 1520. The only windows phone I missed is the 1020.

First of all, I cannot tolerate the resuming screen. If there is an app open, unlock your phone will take you an resuming screen. I assume that Microsoft has heard of the problem a lot. Microsoft's inability to fix it says a lot about the platform.

Second, the camera speed. It is unbearable. It takes too long to take a picture and it takes too long to load a picture after taking it/

Third, picture quality is not as good as iPhone 6 plus. I was telling my daughter about how good cameras on lumia phones. My daughter challenged me to take a picture of a plant under a table lamp. iPhone picture is just like me looking at the plant. It cannot be said about lumia 1520.

Forth, home screen or start screen. WP start screen is so crowded. It does not look pretty.

Fifth, the app gap. I use google voice a lot. It is not available on wp. If Microsoft apps are better on other platforms than on windows phone.

Music control. how simple it is to control music playing on an iPhone. You have to restart music app to gain control back..

If anyone says that iPhone design is ugly, he/she is living in another world

I'd keep the iPhone, without a doubt. It's an amazing phone. People love to talk crap about the iPhone and iOS, but I agree with you that they must be living in another word. And this is coming from an Android user.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: tried an iphone 6 and iphone 6+ today .... got so jealous !

This thread has run it's course. I do think most of the posts have been kept fairly civil, and I thank everyone for that. But there are plenty of "iOS VS. WP" threads, and I am sure we will have others. We are just repeating ourselves on this one right now.

I will say I enjoyed the back and forth on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124