Should I/You get an Xbox One?

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I will be buying one hopefully day one I just came across sum $ so im late for preorders. What's the chance of one being one shell for me to pick up?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
They did say that you could play another game while waiting a multiplayer game to come ready on another.. but I guess there could be technically another way to be queueing for a game while not actually IN the game, thus not actually having 2 games run at the same time..

The problem there is that it says you can play a game while queued for another, but it doesn't say ANYONE can play a game while you're queued for another.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Does X1 have more than one hdmi or allows input/output from two video sources. I thought the hdmi worked simultaneously for input/out.

I'm not sure how you imagined that would work, cos the other end of the HDMI cable would have to somehow split from the other end :p

But yeah, like ncxcstud already said, the Xbox One has 1x HDMI-in (this is where you put cable from set top box, PC, 360 or whatever you want to pass through) and 1x HDMI-out (the one that goes to TV).

xbox_one_10.0_cinema_640.0.jpg

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Except you don't leave random controller lying around and turned on. The Kinect is always on, waiting to ruin your day. Also, WILL it suspend your game if thing Jennifer clown comes in and interrupts you, then starts her own game?

Watching that 12 minute video they put up the other day it seems you can tell the Kinect to "stop listening" I would imagine that would kill voice commands for everyone but yourself solving the problem.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

I think this a funny commercial, but I'm not sure if its more negative or positive.. cos I think it shows a problem with the Kinect :D But as said, if someone wants to do that, they can pretty much do it without Kinect too.

I'd want to show this to my fiancee, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to give her bad ideas lol, especially when she owns about 40% of my Xbox One.. :p I insisted to own at least a slight majority! :D

EDIT: This isn't the full length one or the one I saw.. There's another one where in the end the boyfriend is trying to say something and the chick says, as if issueing a kinect-command "Boyfriend, go to store" and the boyfriend walks out :p

Seems that this version is a bit different in other ways too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn5u...ew-vl&list=PL0il2l-B_Wwa3yUEi3uCD-byJrJvaEhuC

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I am getting an Xbox One because I'm due for an upgrade (Xbox 360 Arcade 2008). I also mainly use Xbox services like Music and Video, together with other tv services like hulu. Games support on Xbox One would be obviously greater than 360's, so now I'm just casually waiting for KH3, Halo 5 and maybe other Kinect games as well like that Xbox Fitness or DC4.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
There HAS to be a Kingdom Hearts remix on Xbox One/PS4. They scattered that story over so many platforms I could never keep up, so I never bothered to. I stopped after getting a little into the second game, after beating the first and Chain of Memories. Now, I'd have to hop onto PS3 and mobile and 3DS and IDK what else to catch up.

Jeff Merritt1

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I just sold my 360 and Blu-Ray player on eBay, so I'm in.

I was sold on it in May when they did the unveiling. To be honest with you. I'm all for the all in one experience. I want my better half to be able to use it without fail, she can say a few things and it's good to go for her. I am only getting one game at launch. I am sure many more will be coming down the pipe...I just don't know. I have to wait for reviews. Maybe it's time to get back into sports games, Forza, Madden, and NBA 2K14...that might work...BF4 for sure...maybe I'll add the other three.

At any rate most reviews popping up seem very positive for the X1 so far in terms of games. I also thought I read where Skydrive will be used to stream and such to X1...unless I read it incorrectly...I have 45gigs doing nothing except some work documents and Windows Phone pics...maybe it's time to load it up with movies...

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
There HAS to be a Kingdom Hearts remix on Xbox One/PS4. They scattered that story over so many platforms I could never keep up, so I never bothered to. I stopped after getting a little into the second game, after beating the first and Chain of Memories. Now, I'd have to hop onto PS3 and mobile and 3DS and IDK what else to catch up.

Lol I'm with you. I started with KH and KH2 on PS2, then they started distributing 'side stories' on other platforms like GBA and PSP, then suddenly 3DS. It's not a pleasant experience to follow the story, mainly because you have to have everything to play the game and everyone's not rich.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I pre ordered and of course been keeping abreast of the issues and statements from the likes of devs from COD etc. I got back from Vegas yesterday and 2 days ago went to the Fashion Show Mall to get a few accessories for my SP2 that I cant yet get in the UK. They had 2 XBOX Ones on demo and i played Forza for 15 or so minutes. I have to say that the jump from the last gen consoles to this is not as much as i thought it would be and i felt a bit disappointed. I have cancelled my pre order and will wait until the devs get to grips with the hardware and/or MS release an update to the hardware as they are 100% sure to do. XBOX One FTW!!! i will watch from the sidelines before leaping in.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
i gotta be honest im so deep into the microsoft ecosystem what with windows 8, surface, xbox music, xbox video (which by the way i cant wait to have on my phone), windows phone, xbox gaming, i just dont see for the type of person i am how a playstation would fit better with my entertainment lifestyle. I mean sure Ps4 is a bit more powerful, but then so was the ps3 compared to the 360 and my ps3 collects dust. Another thing to consider if your a gamer and care about these things, you keep your gamerscore. Meaning if you put in the work to get achievements you dont lose them since they are tied to your gamertag. i also like the freedom of navigation on my entertainment console, whether it be voice controller smartglass or gestures. If im sipping on a coffee or eating something greasy rather than dirty my controller, i can just talk to it or move my hand. or if im watching something on my surface just send it to the xbox. I also love the tiles, which i think people just dont give a shot. Going on to console core features, snap mode, skype, IE, fast app switching, the guide, gaming, music, movies, social aspect, partying which ps3 stupidly left out... these are all the making of a great console. +more exclusive games with more new games on xb one. idk personally i dont know how a slightly better gpu on a ps4 can compensate for all the things it cant do. not to mention since now you HAVE to pay for ps+ i would rather pay 60 a year for 300,000 servers supporting everything. the xbox really is everything in one. not saying that the ps4 is a bad console but if i got one itd be for the exclusives, which we know it has very few of. even THIEF is coming to xb one.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
8 Days 11 hours to launch - am way more excited for this product than a 35 year old man should be.

Know what, People who pre-ordered a PS4 have to wait 2 days :(

8 Days too long, thinking about taking the day out of work (ordered from microsoftstore.com) but, my luck UPS wont show up till I should of been out of work anyway...

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Except you don't leave random controller lying around and turned on. The Kinect is always on, waiting to ruin your day. Also, WILL it suspend your game if thing Jennifer clown comes in and interrupts you, then starts her own game?

I don't think I'd have a problem if she interupted my TV watching to play.

Jeff Merritt1

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Know what, People who pre-ordered a PS4 have to wait 2 days :(

8 Days too long, thinking about taking the day out of work (ordered from microsoftstore.com) but, my luck UPS wont show up till I should of been out of work anyway...

I am having mine delivered to work, so it won't be missed...and I am taking a staycation November 23rd-1st...it isn't on purpose...it just worked out that way. BF4 better be that great because it is the only game I have coming!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo