Should selecting to show Background Photo on Glance actually do anything on Lumia 950 XL?

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Under the Glance Screen settings, if I select to show the background photo, it doesn't change anything. It doesn't show anything on the glance screen in regards to a background photo, only the other text data. Should this work?

Edit: I'm posting the solution from below in case anyone comes across this. Background photos only show up if its one of your own images. If you choose an image from Sample Images (and possibly an image from any other application), it doesn't work. It has to be *your* image.

Last edited:

Ross Sherrie

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Cool feature that I wasn't aware of! Works for my pictures but doesn't work for Bing which is a shame as I would like to have bing on my glance screen.

Hopefully OP gets theirs working. Does it work with anything other than 'My Picture'?

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Mine is showing me my Lock screen photo, as my Glance screen background.
Under Glance screen settings, Show content from "the lock screen", set your background and notification options there.

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Are you guys using Lumia 950 XL? I've actually just been using sample images for my lock screen... maybe I gotta give it a shot with my own images...

Edit: Yup... only works if its one of your own images. If your lock screen is using an image from the "Sample Images" such as the Windows Hero screen, it doesn't work.

Thanks everybody!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria