SIM or Micro-SIM?

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Which type of card does the 900 use? If it's Micro-SIM, my current SIM card will not work, so how will I go about getting my number onto my new 900?

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You can cut the SIM down if you're careful, there are various articles online that cover this. I am curious to know if anyone has done this yet and did they have any issues, extra hurdles, etc., for the 900 and LTE?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
But in order to get LTE on the phone, your need an LTE Micro SIM (different) and your IMIE needs to be setup on AT&Ts LTE network. They can do that in the store.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
So do I need to have my current SIM card with me? Or can they do everything without the old one?

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
But in order to get LTE on the phone, your need an LTE Micro SIM (different) and your IMIE needs to be setup on AT&Ts LTE network. They can do that in the store.

Is the SIM physically different though or do they just need to provision LTE onto it? I'm talking about the chip, since the plastic part can be easily cut down to match the size.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I read somewhere that it is actually a different chip, but not sure. Pre-ordered L900s came with the MicroSim preinstalled. So all my sales rep did (had mine delivered to store) was do some typing on on his kb and my phone was activated. Never touched my old Surround.

kharma00

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I cut my old SIM down and data did not work. Bought the phone using wife's upgrade and had to call to switch microSIM to my number.

chrise2

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone try putting the LTE SIM that comes in the 900, into an iPhone or another device? I'd like to have the option of switching devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro