Skulls of The Shogun free on IOS but not on WP?

Rockstar Beaver

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I am blaming this on Microsoft because they are the publisher. You'd think they would counter react to what is done on Apple. Plus Major Nelson posts on his twitter about the deal. I think this is a slap in the face.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. I don't think this is a big deal. I even bought the game for windows 8, windows phone 8, and xbox 360. It is a good game and it is worth the price they offer it for. It is nice to get free things. But it is only $4.99. Not very expensive for what it offers in my opinion.

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I am blaming this on Microsoft because they are the publisher. You'd think they would counter react to what is done on Apple. Plus Major Nelson posts on his twitter about the deal. I think this is a slap in the face.
is it free as a temporary deal or is it free forrveer?
Also can I play with ios ppl cross platform?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

The publisher of what. The company that owns and controls the cost of the game is GameCenter.

Game Center Games & Achievements | iPhone & iPad Games, Achievements, Reviews & News

Microsoft has nothing to do with the cost of the game on any OS. It is the developers fault that you don't get the game for free on WP. If you want the game for free on WP you should be complaining to GameCenter

Rockstar Beaver

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree it is a great game for the price (I don't mind paying money to help developers out) but when things like this show up for free on other platforms it gets a little disheartening. Whether it is the developer or Microsoft's fault, I feel it is not right. Maybe you guys can shed light on this, didn't the developer of this game and Microsoft didn't really see eye to eye on the process to publish this game, maybe they are getting back at Microsoft. Don't get me wrong I still love Microsoft's eco-system (in my opinion is the best system out there). It just seems to be a little frustrating as a WP gamer when I invest a lot into Microsoft's gaming platforms.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
The publisher of what. The company that owns and controls the cost of the game is GameCenter.

Game Center Games & Achievements | iPhone & iPad Games, Achievements, Reviews & News

Microsoft has nothing to do with the cost of the game on any OS. It is the developers fault that you don't get the game for free on WP. If you want the game for free on WP you should be complaining to GameCenter

You sure? I mean, I don't research stuff, but I do know that apple's version of Xbox live on their IOS devices is called GameCenter.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
You sure? I mean, I don't research stuff, but I do know that apple's version of Xbox live on their IOS devices is called GameCenter.

I am just going by the link in the OP. It says on that page GameCenter then view more by this developer. If game center is not the developer who is?

Rockstar Beaver

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I am just going by the link in the OP. It says on that page GameCenter then view more by this developer. If game center is not the developer who is?

The developer is 17-BIT, inc. I can't find the publisher on the iOS link but I think it might be Microsoft. Why would Major Nelson (a Microsoft employee) announce on twitter that it is free on iOS if it wasn't published by Microsoft. It just seems odd to announce a game that is free randomly on iOS if it doesn't benefit Microsoft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99