Skype Call

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Anyone would like to explain me how to use the Skype calling function?
I 've been talking with my friend but the "Skype" button is grey (deactivated). Does she require a WP as well or what?

Sakitumi

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I was confused too about the grayed out Skype button. Here is what I found: While on a call with a mobile, if that person has a Skype name too you can switch during the call to Skype video call ending the mobile call.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I 've been talking with my friend but the "Skype" button is grey (deactivated). Does she require a WP as well or what?

Might be as when I call my brother Skype button is activated and he use lumia 520.
And when I call my friend who use nexus 4 Skype button is deactivated.

JLP

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Might be as when I call my brother Skype button is activated and he use lumia 520.
And when I call my friend who use nexus 4 Skype button is deactivated.

If that turns out to be true...that would just be plain stupid! Skype is multi-platform, so if you have a contact that has Skype, it shouldn't matter. Will be interested to see how this turns out.

ryaoni

May 23, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both have a Nokia Lumia 925 with Skype. While on a phone call the Skype button is greyed out. Why????????

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

Is the Skype contact linked with the outlook contact? Give that a try on both phones if you don't have it already linked, maybe that could be what needs to be done. I haven't tried it, hope it works.

cyberden

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Once logged in to skye with the skype app, you can link your outlook contacts with the skype contacts. I guess it's a mandatory step to make it work though I didn't try it myself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett