So... Are there any?

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The case looks great! How is it to the touch? I see it is like hard plastic instead of a rubberized material.

I can't wait my Black 8X and that blue case to arrive.

Sadly, I couldn't find a black case to go with my phone but as I liked the Cali Blue color, I guess I will be using it at least for a few months before buying other colors. I would like to have a black one for default use and a limelight yellow to have for spare use:D

It's partially hard plastic (well mostly) and partially rubber. The surround around the screen and over the buttons is a very hard rubber material, but it needs to be, so that you can push the phone into the case - which would be impossible if it was all hard plastic. The back is the hard plastic part, but it's very soft to touch, and not slippery at all.

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
If they made that case in the red and yellow too all you would need is a black 8x and those 3 cases and it would be like you had all 4 colors

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
If they made that case in the red and yellow too all you would need is a black 8x and those 3 cases and it would be like you had all 4 colors

That was my line of thinking. I ordered the phone in black with the blue case. I hope they make them available in the other colors as you said.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
My Black 8X arrived 30 minutes ago. I left the phone charging before I start configuring. I didn't put the case on it because chancooluk said it maybe hard to pull it off once in place and I need to go to one of my carrier's stores to get a Micro-SIM because the one in my Optimus 7 is Mini-SIM and doesn't fit on the 8X.

The case is awesome. The blue color is one the greatest color tones I've seen for a device. The feel, as chancooluk said, is great. It's something between rubber and hard plastic and not slippery.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
My Black 8X arrived 30 minutes ago. I left the phone charging before I start configuring. I didn't put the case on it because chancooluk said it maybe hard to pull it off once in place and I need to go to one of my carrier's stores to get a Micro-SIM because the one in my Optimus 7 is Mini-SIM and doesn't fit on the 8X.

The case is awesome. The blue color is one the greatest color tones I've seen for a device. The feel, as chancooluk said, is great. It's something between rubber and hard plastic and not slippery.

I love how the first official Verizon 8X preorder delivery is posted in this thread haha. You should add this information to the thread with everyone trying to figure out if they shipped or not =P

Edit: NVM you don't have Verizon. Guess I got too excited lol

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I am deciding between that official double shot case, the Nilkin case on ebay, or waiting for the casemate barely there.

Question for those that own the doubleshot. How thin is the case? It looks quite big in the pics but if it is as thin as the Nilkin or barely there cases I will probably get it.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile is pushing the Body Glove case for the 8x. It looks good but only in white at the store I went to. OtterBox has 2 cases 'coming soon', obv both black and huge as most otter boxes are, but they're great protection.

Matt Levan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile is pushing the Body Glove case for the 8x. It looks good but only in white at the store I went to. OtterBox has 2 cases 'coming soon', obv both black and huge as most otter boxes are, but they're great protection.

Yea. I have an Otterbox Commuter on my iPhone 4S right now. It's great protection even though I've only dropped my phone once (and from a low height). I'm going to wait for a smash/drop test on the 8X before I decide if I even want a case for it.