So I have this idea on custom pinned website tiles

DanWalshAU

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

This is my first post (yay!).

So when I pin my banking website to my WP8, I get a screenshot of the site. Looks pretty ugly.

Now this site has a mobile layout which looks better, but even pinning that doesn't look so crash hot next to my clean, elegant "metro" tiles.

But I have an idea...

Is it possible to (using DNS or a proxy or something) redirect someone else's website (i.e. Google) to my own hosted site, whether it's locally on the same network or live on the web?

This secondary site would contain just a single, hi-res image of the tile I want to pin.

So the process would be:

1. Enable DNS/proxy on my router.

2. Navigate to Google on my phone (using my router's wifi).

3. Pin the hi-res tile.

4. Remove the DNS/proxy on my router.

So the end result would be a nice pinned tile on my Start screen which opens up the site of my choice.

Anyone know remotely anything about what I'm trying to achieve?

Thanks

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
This might do exactly what you want....

Web Tile Creator
You want to create your custom tile with a web link on your windows phone?
-----------------------------------
With this application you can config icon, background color and a label and pin to start it!
How it work:
?insert the link you want to open
?select the background color of your tile, 'theme' use default theme set on your phone
?select an icon or your own image using 'custom image' (best if 320x320 .pgn with transparent background) or search online using 'search image'
?add an optional label at the bottom of the tile
?create it!
?if you like it, from the browser menu '...' select 'Pin to start'
?done
----------------------------

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
Yes! I use this and it does exactly this. So far I use it for my banking website and it's a great app for what it does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire