So, I think I won a Surface2 w/ Music kit

Dreamchilde

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for posting the remix vid. I have not been at all happy with my Music Kit blade, but I think I'm also expecting it to function more like an MPC or Maschine. It's obviously not responsive enough to trigger drum beats live and in real time. I'm going to try to take cues from your vid and use it to trigger more full loops and such. Maybe I'll have better luck with it in that kind of application.

EDIT: As far as Window RT and using Surface as a tablet: I do love it. Waiting for the app store to get more stuff (DEVELOPERS: MIDI SEQUENCER!), but it's a great sub for a netbook or small laptop.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting the remix vid. I have not been at all happy with my Music Kit blade, but I think I'm also expecting it to function more like an MPC or Maschine. It's obviously not responsive enough to trigger drum beats live and in real time. I'm going to try to take cues from your vid and use it to trigger more full loops and such. Maybe I'll have better luck with it in that kind of application.

EDIT: As far as Window RT and using Surface as a tablet: I do love it. Waiting for the app store to get more stuff (DEVELOPERS: MIDI SEQUENCER!), but it's a great sub for a netbook or small laptop.
You're quite welcome, and yes I agree about it not being responsive enough to trigger anything on time. There's a lag for sure. I see it basically as a toy for now, until they can update the app to support more user input/importing without all the latency.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Cool video, thanks for sharing. Is this music your own samples/creation or is the a template provided with the software? It seems easy enough to use, pretty much does what i expected from your video...now i just need to know how flexible the software is and if my own samples can be used.
In the video, I'm using some sounds provided with the app, but yes, you CAN import your own sounds/loops/etc...

Dreamchilde

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
A little off-topic, but it's still a music app: has anyone here checked out FL Studio Groove? Seems to be a lot more powerful than the Surface Music Kit (except, as far as I can tell, you can't import your own samples).

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
A little off-topic, but it's still a music app: has anyone here checked out FL Studio Groove? Seems to be a lot more powerful than the Surface Music Kit (except, as far as I can tell, you can't import your own samples).

I have it. Haven't had time to really dive into it yet, but yes, it is a bit more elaborate of a program.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow... almost an entire month and not one single comment on that last video^^^ ?

Jeez guys...

Anyway, I've been learning how to use this Music Blade a little at a time... Here's a new video I shot this evening (with my Nokia Lumia 1020 ;) ) of an experimental piece using custom imported sounds and audio of my own. I'm finding that most of... like 90% of the "Stems" and "Templates", and other downloadable content that comes with the Music Kit (Blade and app) really kinda sucks...

So I decided that the only way to really enjoy this thing or get some use out of it, is to start importing my own stuff... so here goes..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria