So the screen went black, next thing I'm stuck on white COGS!

RetroMan71

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I've been listening to music on my Lumia 620 for most of the evening, when the phone seemed to reboot itself and the white COGS appeared. I presume this means for some strange reason, my phone crashed and is trying to fix itself. Thing is.. it's been like this for over an hour now? So I did some googling and found numerous threads on resetting with various button presses, none of which have worked, the phone keeps reverting back to the white COGS.

So unless anyone knows of any other methods I can try, I guess it means I'll have to send the phone off??? :angry:

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Have you removed the battery, left it out for a minute or two, and then reinstalled and rebooted? Remove your SD card while you have the back off in case it's a case of a corrupt file on the card.

RetroMan71

May 14, 2013
Visit site
What i noticed was when removing the charger, the battery symbol with one red bar kept appearing. So out of curiosity, I borrowed my wifes battery which had full charge, put that in my phone and within seconds the phone restarted back to normal ???

I put my battery back in and immediately got the critical battery message. Maybe it was stuck on the cogs because of a lack of power??, though i did plug the charger in after the cogs appeared ???

Anyway, thankfully it's fixed, but still no wiser as to why it rebooted to the cogs... thanks guys!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea