So whats your thought about Android L?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
And when you switch, after a little while you're going to realize that slowly, but steadily Microsoft is becoming a mobile beast. Be faithful won't you.

Why? I can always switch back if what you say turns out to be true.

I'm a customer, I don't have a relationship with Windows Phone. Using "faithful" in this context is creepy.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
But there are some things that are holding me to WP-here drive, CORTANA, WiFi sense, geofencing, windows phone's ultimate design, Nokia's camera( for a nokia device only) and above all Nokia's build quality

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
And I love actionable notifications. Wish WP would hurry up with that.

I don't think those are actionable notifications. It kind of our toast notifications with a bit more functionality. We don't have them for calls but we have them for messages. I have Galaxy S5 on test and let's say I'm talking with someone on facebook messenger and meanwhile I'm browsing Tapatalk. If I get message on my Lumia 820 toast notification appears and I can click on it I app will open or I can slide it away. On Galaxy S5 you only see a notification in status bar and you can't do anything with it. You have to pull notification center down and than you only can click on it and go to app.

Any way I do like this new redesign, some thing we already know some are new. ART should be quite cool. I like it :D .

I_m_Snah

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm still into Modern, because of its simplicity and originality.
iOS 7/8 may look fancy, but the UX is still the same.
Android L, they turned their Card something into a more Modern-inspired look.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 via Tapatalk.

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Pass. No intention on using laggy stuff from Google which is hackable every single day and doesn't provide seciruty for my personal information.

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I like the integration with the watch. The moto 360 is compelling and I wish Microsoft had something like that. But that is about it. The Material Interface is just like the Modern for Microsoft, they just added a z layer. Android for business is comical.

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Love the wearable integration. Love the updated UI (though I think it's a broad mix of iOS and WP, the heavier weight on the z-index from iOS (yes it's in WP too, but no one seems to use it in any meaningful way) and the modern and tiled look of WP (if you put wp in white theme and put more colors around, you'd have be near there)).

​That said, I love the animation engine. WP is heavy driven on it, but they've done a good job in using transition animations versus pop-ins and fly-ins, feels like you're never really leaving anywhere and it's all one continuous area.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
UI looks bad. Under the hood changes look good. Shift from Dalvik to ART runtime which offers better performances; different battery management; 5000 new APIs etc.
What remains that's negative for me is that it belongs to Google, which means giving away your life details to that trashy company. But i'll have to buy an Android anyways. WP is making me very unhappy.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, imagine a smartphone for business that can't edit and attach a file to a forwarded email. Or a phone that can't connect to a corporate VPN. Or one that cannot encrypt files natively.

Wait a second isn't that WP OS.... :p (you forgot attach files to reply emails as well)

I'm intrigued to be honest. Being slightly new to the Android scene with my Nexus 7 tablet. I'll wait and see what it looks like on the tablet and then see what phones come out. I may switch. Doesn't mean I'll switch forever but at this moment in time I'm a little bored with WP and the phones that have been released so far.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
UI looks bad. Under the hood changes look good. Shift from Dalvik to ART runtime which offers better performances; different battery management; 5000 new APIs etc.
What remains that's negative for me is that it belongs to Google, which means giving away your life details to that trashy company. But i'll have to buy an Android anyways. WP is making me very unhappy.

use Microsoft services?

Google will know as much as you allow them to.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
As someone that is currently carrying a Kit Kat handset and a Windows Phone 8.1 handset daily, I have to say that I am not seeing anything ground breaking in the new version of Android. What I see is the first 'break' in Android with their move from Dalvik to ART. Long term, the move should make Android run longer, smoother and have better graphics than ever before. Short term, it will cause major fragmentation.

Now for those that have been with me on Windows Phone since day one, this is not the same Android that we used back in the day. I have had only 3 force closes in the month plus I've been running it. Skinning the device to look how I want and perform exactly how I want is amazing. Also, the App Gap, yes, I said it, is still huge. Unfortunately, these aren't big name Apps, but things like my bank has a Droid app, but not a WP app. Android has really grown up...

That said, I still give the nod to WP in most areas. Notifications - specifically the 'toast' ones are awesome. The viewable screen with tiles is easier to manage and the cameras are still light years ahead of everything else. I don't think Android L would make me switch, but if WP keeps edging closer to Android, that might.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers