So whats your thought about Android L?

ABsmoove

May 4, 2014
Visit site
As a person who has eyes on (possibly) switching to another OS, I'm not really intrigued. Android L looks boring as ****. Yea, they got some cool features, but the flat look doesn't look good/pretty/cool for on Android. I really enjoy the look and feel of WP 8.1 Preview on my 920. iOS 8 looks more interesting to me compared to Android L right now.

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Am i the only one who hates that changed button design? Whats that square circle and stuff? They are trying to turn it into consoles?

Anyways I'll be staying with WP. But yes I do hope microsoft works to put some good features in next update. Better notifications and an interactive notification bar would be nice.

Vishnu Hs

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Am i the only one who hates that changed button design? Whats that square circle and stuff? They are trying to turn it into consoles?

Anyways I'll be staying with WP. But yes I do hope microsoft works to put some good features in next update. Better notifications and an interactive notification bar would be nice.
i noticed that...looks kinda weird with the whole android shebang...

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
People in general and the tech media are really going nuts for it. I expect a lot of people here to bash it, but as someone who uses both Windows Phone and Android, I'm really excited for it.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
use Microsoft services?

Google will know as much as you allow them to.
Don't you still need a Google account to sign in with? Can one have an Android device and use only Microsoft services? Nope. To use things like apps, you need store and for that you need Google account.

Vishnu Hs

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
People in general and the tech media are really going nuts for it. I expect a lot of people here to bash it, but as someone who uses both Windows Phone and Android, I'm really excited for it.

Hey,how do you use both phones...i mean which app in which phone??im planning on buying an android alongside my wp so..

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Don't you still need a Google account to sign in with? Can one have an Android device and use only Microsoft services? Nope. To use things like apps, you need store and for that you need Google account.

The experience is somewhat crippled if you don't sign in with a Google account, but it's certainly doable. Android makes sideloading very easy. You can also install other app stores such as Amazon's. But yes, it's quite easy to use only Microsoft's services on an Android phone.

Rob Mintzes

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I think the aesthetic updates are beautiful, especially when transitioned across the various platforms. Unfortunately, the Samsungs and HTCs of the world will put their own UI skins over it and begin to compromise the purity of the stock Android operating system, which at its core is a wonderful platform (vulnerabilities and fragmentation aside), by virtue of one having the ability to do pretty much anything with it. When I had the Galaxy S3, I loved the freedom and automation controls that are sorely lacking on my iPhone 4S (the battery life on my GS3 was frustratingly abysmal, so I went back), but that freedom sometimes led me to cripple the device. After a while, it would freeze up for no reason and I would have to run factory restores. The manufacturers should, in my opinion, just stay with Google's stock UI and leave it up to the consumer to determine whether to install a different launcher or not. Given that LG and Samsung are putting out watches with the stock Android Wear UI, it's possible that this might start to be the case, but it's too early to tell.

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting an android. Microsoft have screwed us so many times. How can your own app suck on your own OS, It doesn't make any sense. Someone pointed out earlier that Microsoft only wants us to use it's services, not its own OS (really stupid) so I'm switching because google actually wants to be the best. Unlike Microsoft they didn't mKe an OS that they aren't even promoting properly. The Nokia x2 just confirms that Microsoft are screwing us.

Give an example of our apps that suck on our OS

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Androids version of flat design does look nice. I do believe android is developing at a faster pace than windows in terms of functionality and abilities within the OS. I've posted this before but 8.1 from 8 seems so huge when looking at the change-log but it actually was just a baby step. A baby step in the fact that it added capabilities that were found in windows mobile and also found in other OSes. Apps are only part of the story here. Functions and the capabilities of the OS is the other part, then design.

The mistake that I did notice with Android when watching IO is there is no vertical alignment for software and hardware. To get the newest OS you basically have to buy a new phone.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey,how do you use both phones...i mean which app in which phone??im planning on buying an android alongside my wp so..

I'm not sure I understand the question. I use Microsoft and Google services, but most of the games and stuff I play on my Android devices because of how many there are. If you use both Android and WP, you'll enjoy the best of both platforms and it's really nice. You'll probably get tired of everyone here at WPC bashing Android though, it gets really old. If you go to tech sites that cater to Android, you'll see that they don't even mention Windows Phone.

PipoDj

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have to get real and say what i really feel when i watched I/O.

Android L looks cool. the new UI and the under the hood changes made it look more attractive. I have been an android gingerbread user back in the day before i jumped to WP and that decision was the turning point in my mobile life. I love WP to a fault that i even forced my family to use WP (mom and brother) i even started influencing everyone of them to use Microsoft service even if they are using android and iOS. However i am getting intrigued by Android L and what it offers. I definitely would buy an affordable one with performance that matches L620 or L520. I hope that it won't be the Lagdroid everyone is keen to point out.

I still love WP and won't go away from it for a very long time. But that doesn't make me discredit the goodness that android has to offer.

Vishnu Hs

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand the question. I use Microsoft and Google services, but most of the games and stuff I play on my Android devices because of how many there are. If you use both Android and WP, you'll enjoy the best of both platforms and it's really nice. You'll probably get tired of everyone here at WPC bashing Android though, it gets really old. If you go to tech sites that cater to Android, you'll see that they don't even mention Windows Phone.

Oh,im gonna order an android today!! 😍

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Don't you still need a Google account to sign in with? Can one have an Android device and use only services? Nope. To use things like apps, you need store and for that you need Google account.

Technically you can if you sideload apps out use a different market. You just don't get the full experience

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting an android. Microsoft have screwed us so many times. How can your own app suck on your own OS, It doesn't make any sense. Someone pointed out earlier that Microsoft only wants us to use it's services, not its own OS (really stupid) so I'm switching because google actually wants to be the best. Unlike Microsoft they didn't mKe an OS that they aren't even promoting properly. The Nokia x2 just confirms that Microsoft are screwing us.

Well MS does make more off android then they do on WP so not surprising they seem to not really care if their own OS takes off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers