So, who's getting an Xbox One?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Still undecided.
I have always been an Xbox gamer and it hurts to say but IMO the PS4 is currently winning. I think MS need to just come clean and clarify their policies in a manner that is easy to understand to everyone.
I'm based in the UK so not guaranteed that all the functions they showed off will even be available for me.

Always online - Doesn't bother me as I usually play multi-player games anyway (battlefield 4 will be a definite purchase)
Used games - Very rarely sell my games on

I just pre-ordered my day one edition via amazon uk, as I am currently undecided (given how the features remain US exclusive for awhile but I don't how it is with Xbox consoles this will be my first xbox) as well given there is still well 4 to 5 months to go until release / when i'm charged and I can cancel if needed. But most likely I won't as my older brother is getting the PS4 probably 2 months after launch so it.. really doesn't make sense for both of us getting the PS4 lol.

But who knows what MS will announce tomorrow as they just recently did 180 over the 24 hour check-in, used games etc.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Still undecided.
I have always been an Xbox gamer and it hurts to say but IMO the PS4 is currently winning. I think MS need to just come clean and clarify their policies in a manner that is easy to understand to everyone.
I'm based in the UK so not guaranteed that all the functions they showed off will even be available for me.

Always online - Doesn't bother me as I usually play multi-player games anyway (battlefield 4 will be a definite purchase)
Used games - Very rarely sell my games on
You saw yesterday's news, right? The sticky at the top of this forum that says MS repealed all their DRM plans? You saw it, right?

this one? http://forums.windowscentral.com/xbox-one/230852-microsoft-backtracks-drm-used-games.html

NaNoo123

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I've seen a couple posts, could someone tell me what is usa exclusive and wont work in the uk? As i cant think of any.
All i can think of is that it may not be able to change live tv channel.
But that could be the case for any tv feed (correct ir codes)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, was looking to see where it stands in light of yesterdays new... it's #1 at the moment, but I just noticed they changed the date from Nov. 30 to Nov. 27.... Does this mean we have an actual launch day or is Amazon still guessing???

DaBeard

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I was actually pretty pumped on receiving the One in November with all of the Cloud storage, but since people tend to just be ignorant and complain about things, i.e. The DRM, 24 hour check in, the change that Microsoft has made kind of has me on the fence. I actually loved the thought of being able to use cloud storage, and to share games with friends, and family members without having them have the disc. But now that's been pretty much diminished. Essentially, all we'll have is an upgraded 360, which is not a step into the future.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My only issue with digital downloads is the bandwidth... I'm on UVerse, and I'm no 100% sure, but I think I have a 250GB limit before they start charging me extra :-(

I probably never get near that now, but it wouldn't take many games to hit that threshold.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Even if each game was 50GB, you'd have to buy and download five games a month to go over your limit. Do you really buy that many games?

well, if I bought a couple and friends came over and we download a couple of their games, then yeah, it could be an issue.

Edit: I guess I should add that I planned to buy discs before MS changed their mind. Heck, I still buy CDs for my music needs.

Last edited:

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a preorder for a Day One console. Still keep vacillating about whether I'll keep it, but I'm thinking I will. [Part of me regrets the changes in licensing schemes, assuming that MS must have had something awesome up it's sleeve with family sharing and they were just waiting for the right time to announce it, and part of me is glad they changed back, assuming that what they were planning was <expletive deleted> . ;-) ]

If so, it'll be the first launch purchase ever for me. I owned - well, my parents owned - an Atari 2600 when I was a kid - back when it was just an 'Atari'(!). I moved over to 'computer' gaming (back before the IBM PC became dominant, so I'm not calling it exclusively 'PC gaming') until I won an original Xbox with Halo way back when. Actually, I still have both of these now-vintage consoles (double !!). Didn't move to an Xbox 360 until the Jasper consoles came out.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Have the Day One Edition on preorder. I'm really stoked about it.

me too... Just had a conversation with a friend that has a PS4 on pre order... Let me start with him thinking the PS4 has an LCD display on the controller.... Yeah, I won that fight, and then there was a lot of back-tracking on his part... IDK why anyone thinks the PS4 has more features than the One... And apparently, it is, The One.

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Umm yes! In a heart beat. Looking at these photos makes the hardware look beautiful. I don't know about everyone else but I love MS minimalism design philosophy which is showing in its hardware (this and the surface) and software as we know. I love it. I've pre-ordered mine.

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I was actually pretty pumped on receiving the One in November with all of the Cloud storage, but since people tend to just be ignorant and complain about things, i.e. The DRM, 24 hour check in, the change that Microsoft has made kind of has me on the fence. I actually loved the thought of being able to use cloud storage, and to share games with friends, and family members without having them have the disc. But now that's been pretty much diminished. Essentially, all we'll have is an upgraded 360, which is not a step into the future.

Me too I was very excited but now wondering if I will cancel or not. I know the masses are very happy to retain the disc based system and not to move forward but I am sad to lose a lot of what made this a next gen System. I am leaning towards cancelling it and doing a wait and see now. I am not sure that I am wanting more of the same I think the 360 may last me a few more years.

CoopII

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Me too I was very excited but now wondering if I will cancel or not. I know the masses are very happy to retain the disc based system and not to move forward but I am sad to lose a lot of what made this a next gen System. I am leaning towards cancelling it and doing a wait and see now. I am not sure that I am wanting more of the same I think the 360 may last me a few more years.

CoopII
It's not costing you anything to keep your preorder, you might wait and see if MS finds sanity between now and launch. If they do you've got a launch system waiting for you, if not you can cancel on Nov. 26th. My hope is that MS shakes up their leadership and marketing and puts a team in place for XBox One that focuses on what consumers really want. The all or nothing approach taken so far seems to have pissed most everybody off.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm genuinely gutted that Microsoft buckled under the weight of clueless, whining fanboys/trolls who prefer to live in the dark ages. I'll still be putting my pre-order in for the X1 tomorrow, but reserve hope that Microsoft get their act in order soon.

JoeDizzle33

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I went and pre ordered my Xbox one yesterday. Got the last one my local gamestop had. The reason I got it over the PS4 is games. That should be the number one selling point. All the bells and whistles don't mean squat if the games are crap. I like the games Xbox one is promising so they get my dollars. I don't care if they cancelled some convenient way to let my family share games or load games without a disk. I just want to play good fun games and looks like Xbox one will have those.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss