So, who's getting an Xbox One?

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
All pcs require an isp subscription to access the internet, they also require the purchase of an os to use the system. Not to mention the system in the First place.

All things are "behind a pay wall" its just that people don't like this one. And that's fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you don't like it, don't pay it. That is your free choice.

I imagine the % of people who have an xbox and a Netflix sub, but will never ever ever play online games, use the browser, play xbla games or get dlc, use Skype and or voip over gold is ridiculously small. And that's what annoys me, most people who are complaining buy gold for the online functions anyway. So they are complaining because its something to complain about, and that's just dumb. Its a suite of services, i wish people would stop acting like its a double sub.

Back to taxes, there has never been a civilized society that did not have a system of taxation. Certain taxes are dumb, that's undeniable, carbon taxes, green taxes, fat taxes, pence per unit taxes, fuel duty and inheritance tax to name a few.

But a few bad taxes doesn't make the idea of a tax bad, it makes the law maker who made THAT tax, a moron, and the house that voted it through, also morons.

Taxes pay for roads and the police. Without roads you have no infrastructure, no business, no movement, no modern world. Without police you have no law, and consequently no freedom. (as people will simply take it from you unless you kill them).

A tax system is the very corner stone of civilization, its necessary. However unfortunate. It just is. There is no other way.

(even barter systems have taxes, the person that oversees the trades to make sure they are fair, and sets the trade ratios of certain commodities, would take a small cut for his part in securing the deal)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
This is not the same. This is taking the console, which has all of those costs (for the hardware, software, and Internet access), and adding ANOTHER fee on top of it.

newavengers12

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I am getting the Xbox ONE... And already have bought (payed in full) for COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 and Ryse. I think I'll have a great DAY ONE!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Man, you're definitely in on it. I can't bring myself to focus on 5 games at once, so I tend to let them drop in price or come out used. Part of why I am waiting (beyond the price of the console) is that I have SO MANY games left to play on 360 that I don't need to touch any One games for some time.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Man, you're definitely in on it. I can't bring myself to focus on 5 games at once, so I tend to let them drop in price or come out used. Part of why I am waiting (beyond the price of the console) is that I have SO MANY games left to play on 360 that I don't need to touch any One games for some time.

yeah im the same, im still going through fallout new Vegas. Rise son of Rome does make me wee a little though.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
yeah im the same, im still going through fallout new Vegas. Rise son of Rome does make me wee a little though.

I haven't touched New Vegas yet myself. I've got the Game of the Year edition of Fallout 3, and I haven't even played the DLC from it yet (I beat the regular campaign long ago, before I bought this version). I'm only a third or so of the way through BioShock 2 as well (the game is SO SLOW that it bores me), and I have Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Revelations to beat before I even consider getting III. Then I have barely scratched the surface of Forza 4, and I have plenty to do in multiple NBA 2K and MLB 2K games (as far as career modes and Achievements are concerned). I REALLY have a lot of games to work on, hah.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't touched New Vegas yet myself. I've got the Game of the Year edition of Fallout 3, and I haven't even played the DLC from it yet (I beat the regular campaign long ago, before I bought this version). I'm only a third or so of the way through BioShock 2 as well (the game is SO SLOW that it bores me), and I have Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Revelations to beat before I even consider getting III. Then I have barely scratched the surface of Forza 4, and I have plenty to do in multiple NBA 2K and MLB 2K games (as far as career modes and Achievements are concerned). I REALLY have a lot of games to work on, hah.

That is indeed a lot of gameplay to get through - you'll be getting an Xbox One sometime in 2016

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That is indeed a lot of gameplay to get through - you'll be getting an Xbox One sometime in 2016

Ehh, it just depends on my level of commitment to finishing those games, vs. finishing guns in Black Ops II. I could probably knock out BioShock 2 in a day, but the game just struggles to hold my interest. I only have on-campus class 2 days a week, so I don't have much to commit my person to at the moment.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Probably, just not for a bit. I've got a LOT of games to play on the 360 as it is, and I haven't been working because of school (which I am hoping to resolve this semester), so I couldn't pay for one at launch. That'd mean I'll probably get one next summer or something, since that would coincide with my college graduation and my birthday.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I am getting the Xbox ONE... And already have bought (payed in full) for COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 and Ryse. I think I'll have a great DAY ONE!

Man your pretty hardcore and ouch, hate to see that bill ! I'll pick one up but, maybe not on release day (still on the line on that one, I can still order the release version from MS's store). I was only grabbing 1 or 2 games (COD:Ghosts is on that list)

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Probably, just not for a bit. I've got a LOT of games to play on the 360 as it is, and I haven't been working because of school (which I am hoping to resolve this semester), so I couldn't pay for one at launch. That'd mean I'll probably get one next summer or something, since that would coincide with my college graduation and my birthday.
gregg-popovich-approved-o.gif

MFmonster

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Taxes are a REALLY bad example, because taxes are often moronic. My last license registration fee was increased $2.00 from last year's, and they said it was for park maintenance. What park maintenance has to do with my vehicular actions, I do not know. I don't agree with the idea of taxing everyone for everything, regardless of use. If I don't have kids to send to school, I shouldn't be forced to pay education taxes that pay overpriced union teachers and go towards the pathetic curriculum in public schools. I shouldn't have to pay taxes to feed and house rapists and murderers, either.

That's not the point of this thread, though. Like I said, paying for access you paid to get access to already is where it becomes silly. You don't pay for access to a movie theater to buy tickets. You don't pay for access to Netflix on PC, PS3, or mobile devices either, beyond the initial subscription cost for the Netflix service. The point here is that Microsoft is the exception to the rule here, charging for a service (access to non-gaming features) that no one else charges for. Yes, it is their right to (just as it is my right to skip paying for it), but that also does not mean that I have to agree with the system and abstain from suggesting improvement. I'm not saying that anyone DESERVES Netflix on Xbox, only that I find it silly that Microsoft decides to put the service behind a paywall that no other company does.
Um. I am in the correct thread? Have an Xbox one pre-ordered. :)

Also. I am happy to pay taxes for schools, kids or no kids. The world needs people to have an education because it impacts all of us.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think Microsoft got away with the XBL Gold paywall because those features(netflix) came in years later. But since they're ADVERTISING the XBONE as a media-PC it behooves them to remove the App Channels from behind the pay wall.

Blu3V3nom07

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm still getting an XONE! :grin:
My launch games to buy are:

• Battlefield 4
  • Need For Speed: Rivals
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

And fairly soon after:
  • Killer Instinct

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
will get day one edition with fifa14. honestly, i am playing just fifa13 multiplayer on my xbox360 these days, so I might grab just 1 or 2 extra games for Xone. Watch dogs looks really nice and maybe GTA V if it will be out on the Day One.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So I'm probably going to cancel my XBO pre-order. I had three games that I was really pumped about getting and only one is coming this year. Originally I thought Titanfall was coming this year so I was really pumped about that. Sadly, it's not dropping until 2014. I'm also really excited about Project Spark, which is hitting Windows 8 this year but the XBO version is next year. And finally there's Killer Instinct, which looks awesome but will only offer 8 characters with more content trickling out sometime in 2014. I don't think I need to drop $500 this fall for essentially one game and a box that says "Day One." I'm not canceling my pre-order yet but I don't feel an urge to get one this fall. Plus my 360 still has a stranglehold on me. I gotta finish Arkham City. Arkham Origins is right around the corner. Buy GTA5. I just picked up DOA5 Ultimate. So, I got some company.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
So I'm probably going to cancel my XBO pre-order. I had three games that I was really pumped about getting and only one is coming this year. Originally I thought Titanfall was coming this year so I was really pumped about that. Sadly, it's not dropping until 2014. I'm also really excited about Project Spark, which is hitting Windows 8 this year but the XBO version is next year. And finally there's Killer Instinct, which looks awesome but will only offer 8 characters with more content trickling out sometime in 2014. I don't think I need to drop $500 this fall for essentially one game and a box that says "Day One." I'm not canceling my pre-order yet but I don't feel an urge to get one this fall. Plus my 360 still has a stranglehold on me. I gotta finish Arkham City. Arkham Origins is right around the corner. Buy GTA5. I just picked up DOA5 Ultimate. So, I got some company.

You still getting the 1520, right Cori?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb