So who's getting the HTC HD7S when it hits?

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
June 5, 2011. Finally. $199... a little high, but worth it, IMO. I am getting switched into the phone as a one time courtesy.

It's been a wild ride on cell phones for me since the year started. My iPhone 3GS was dying only 13 months after I bought it new from Apple. Purchased the HTC Inspire 4G and was in love with the device, but hated the Android OS. Returned it and bought the Focus, and have been in love with it.......... when it's not rebooting or crashing on me. Granted, a lot was due to the Rev. 1.4 models of the phone I was getting, but the errors still occasionally happen.

So, come Sunday, June 5, I'll have my hands on the phone I wanted when the HD7 was originally announced for T-Mobile... patience has paid off.

Last edited:

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Picked up the phone this morning... and I am really, really pleased overall with the build quality of the phone. My only complaint is the camera button. Takes some force in comparison to the Focus I just came from. Outside of that, this is a winner.

jonsmith89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I went to check it out this afternoon and they didn't have the demos in yet. The store had 1 in stock and he let me hold it. The hardware is absolutely gorgeous. I wanted to turn it on so badly but he was breathing down my neck, plus the fact that he was wearing an Infuse 4G shirt made me uncomfortable. I can't wait to go back to actually see how the screen looks. I stopped by Best Buy to see if they had any. In a nutshell, clueless. The salesman did mention that a Microsoft representative is coming in this week to set up a dedicated Windows Phone booth, so I'm excited about seeing that. I wasn't looked down upon as harshly at BB, actually refreshing.

@ Loiselle, How does the screen look to you? Is it as "dim" as everyone claims it to be?

mYth

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I went to check it out this afternoon and they didn't have the demos in yet. The store had 1 in stock and he let me hold it. The hardware is absolutely gorgeous.

@ Loiselle, How does the screen look to you? Is it as "dim" as everyone claims it to be?

Strange haha, i bought mine from the At&t corp store. They only had one in stock and no demos. I figured they would have had more, but with a release on Sunday and no big press release or advertisement about it, I guess i'm not that surprised.

I honestly hadn't heard people saying its dim. I haven't had any issues with it. Maybe compared to other phones it seems dim, but it seems fine to me. I'll boot up my Palm Pre 2 later today and compare them both.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I knew what to expect as far as the screen goes. It's the same screen that was on the HTC Inspire 4G (also on AT&T) that I owned before the Focus. Sure, the screen in sunlight is tough to view, but outside of that, I'm not seeing a dim screen at all. It's vibrant and has great color. Now, if you hold it next to a Focus... yeah, it looks dim. But that's the difference of AMOLED and S-LCD.

I am more than happy with my decision to change out to the HD7S from the Samsung Focus.

Strange haha, i bought mine from the At&t corp store. They only had one in stock and no demos. I figured they would have had more, but with a release on Sunday and no big press release or advertisement about it, I guess i'm not that surprised.

The corp. location I got mine from had 3 in stock, no demos, no ads, no nothing. The assistant manager who helped me out actually asked how I knew about it, with no advertisement.

Last edited:

mYth

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
The corp. location I got mine from had 3 in stock, no demos, no ads, no nothing. The assistant manager who helped me out actually asked how I knew about it, with no advertisement.

Yeah when i asked if they had the phone in, he just gave me a weird look for a couple seconds and was like yeah... we only got one in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs