So who's leaving their Titan for the Lumia 900?

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I am. Even though my Titan is an awesome phone, I just can't take people telling me that they hear me muffled or distorted. I cant wait! :)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Not me. The only person who's complained about my voice is me. No one else I've talked to seems to have a problem.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I am happy with my Titan but I have spec envy of my Android friends with quad cores and 1gb of ram.....I love WP and won't go back to Droid.
I was considering the Lumia 900 but it doesn't offer anything over Titan apart from Nokia apps so will prob stick with Titan until Apollo comes out.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I'll probably go for the Lumia 900 due to Nokia actually supporting the platform 100% rather than HTC who haven't even sorted out the sound problems when playing music. Also Nokia are bringing out official accessories (headphones etc) and apps that work perfectly with their phones.

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I probably wont be getting a new phone until December 2013, or whenever I can upgrade, I guess. I'm sure there will be higher-end models by that time :D However, I will most likely get a Nokia phone due to aesthetics (even if I have not seen the future, I am sure it will look great) and the apps (even if I have Nokia Drive 2.0 on my Titan, it's nice to have it without hacking).

I do really like the screen size though. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what comes out. Two years is a long time :3

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Count me in here... I picked up my Titan in the AT&T 1c sale, so I'll still be within the 30 day grace period if the 900 drops on he 8th as expected. I absolutely love the phone as a data/content-consumption device, but the voice quality is horrendous. I'm a heavy data user and not at all a heavy voice user, but the thought of getting stuck for 2 years with a phone that's pretty much useless as a voice phone scares me. My wife has complained every time I've called her, and while I don't call that often, it needs to be good when I do.

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
This makes me ever so glad that almost no one complains about voice issues during my calls. They seem to catch what I am saying just fine.

ryansstuff

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking about it, with my Titan going back again tomorrow to be repaired for 4 dfferent issues. I have had enough with it. Want nokia who seam to bring out great phones

Maziar.a

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
No reason to get Lumia 900(at least for me). Titan has a bigger screen and it's thinner(and we don't know about the camera and battery life of 900).So I'll skip Lumia and will wait for something worth the upgrade

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Exactly,
I was hoping to keep Titan until at least when Apollo is released and some more powerful handsets are released.

Although now I am beginning to worry about support seeing as Titan 1 has been pulled from most stores in UK.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Another reason to leave the Titan is that it will be an end of life device once the Titan 2 is released on April 8th. Also the Lumia 900 will be $449 off contract price. I'm ging to get it off contract because $449 really isn't that much plus I have a long way to go for an upgrade.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Keeping my titan. I have not had anyone complain about the voice problem. The WiFi being a little weak kind of sucks but hopefully it will get updated and fixed. I like the srs app. Plus I got it for a penny and I bought an oem HTC evo 3d battery for 5 bucks, raising my mah to 1730. and I doubt I can go to a .4" smaller screen.

Phen0m24

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm sitting here typing this and getting a cramp in my hand. While I love the screen real estate on the Titan, I have seen the Nokia and it's beautiful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb