Sold on WP 8.1

M Coffey

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I recently switched from my Android tablet to a Windows 8.1 RT tablet.
I LOVED the tablet so much I decided to swap out my Android phone
for a Windows Phone.

Wow. The differences are amazing.

I love the live tiles. One of the reasons I like Windows 8.1 on a tablet. I like that there is just 1 screen to put your
apps on (not 3 or 4 or 6 or 8 like on Android with the tiny icons). I can resize the tiles anysize and stack them
anyway I want. And its way more efficient to stack them as squares or rectangles. It uses less screen space.
I can find everything I use easily right on the one screen with just 1 flick down. And eay to find other apps
when I need to.

Its very responsive and I am overjoyed with the phone. Why would anyone stay with Android? Oh yeah, the
bigger app store. I have found everything I need in the Windows Store.

M Coffey

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I originally got the Asus Vivotab RT which I still have but I also have the Dell Venue Pro 8.

I use the Dell more at work since I have a small work space and the 10 inch Asus wasn't
small enough. But, prefer the Asus overall for most things.

Tom Tangelder

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. I started off with a dell venue 8 pro. Loved it so much and noticed the surface pro on sale that I bought that. Now my Lumia 928 will be here Wednesday.

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been sold on WP 8.1 since I heard that it was coming. I run a Lumia 820 with WP 8 "Black" on it and it is really good.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Other way round for me. Got W8 on my desktop PC with a Logitech T650 touch pad. Liked it so much I bought a Lumia 820. Liked that so much I got a Toshiba Encore tablet. There are some tweaks I could do with but this is the best ecosystem by far.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Welcome man, I wish my manager does this step, hehehe, he still thinks android is better as a phone, and apple better as a tablet, I'll give him 1 month to change his mind 😝

kalo88

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Replaced my nexus 7 with a venue 8 pro, got a high end touch 8.1 laptop, Xbox one and hopefully getting a windows phone after 8.1 comes out. Doing my best to get rid of Google services, use bing daily now not Google and its just as good IMO although they could make bing worldwide more like bing us which is more feature rich.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
The problem with Google is that they've nabbed Youtube, so it is almost impossible to drop them completely. I have a Google account now only for Youtube purposes and to forward emails that end up in my old account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss