Solved ALL the 1520 Touch problems!

Tareq Mehyar

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello every one!
Here's my story with my 1520
I bought it used for 170$ ,it was cheap because I found out it has a touch problem,I didn't care about it but after buying it I found out I made a huge mistake,my Lumia 620 survived 3 years with no problems and the flagship is doing this!

Like all I went online to see solutions..

1.i tried the phone bending from the corners,someone posted it here,funny thing it worked!!!! My phone was perfect for 2 weeks,then it got back,the bending was then inefficient.

2.i tried the books on top of the phone thing,worked really well and the phone made it a couple of months without any problem,but then it came back even worse,the phone was unusable.

3.nokia care center said I need a new digitizer,which was not cheap at all

THE SOLUTION!!!!!! ------------------>

I connected all of the things in my mind,the bending and the pressure from the books had to do with the digitizer cable!!
So I popped up the back cover,What I saw was that the cable is somehow bent a little(not straight cable so the wires sometimes touched each other) and was not held to the mother board,what I did is a small piece of paper between the cable and the back cover,which held it to the mother board and made it straight and stable!!!!

I hope you visualized what I did because I lost the pictures of the process :(

My phone is now flawless!!!

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello every one!
I bought it used for 170$ ,it was cheap because I found out it has a touch problem,I didn't care about it but after buying it I found out I made a huge mistake,my Lumia 620 survived 3 years with no problems and the flagship is doing this!

1.i tried the phone bending from the corners,someone posted it here,funny thing it worked!!!! My phone was perfect for 2 weeks,then it got back,the bending was then inefficient.

2.i tried the books on top of the phone thing,worked really well and the phone made it a couple of months without any problem,but then it came back even worse,the phone was unusable.

I connected all of the things in my mind,the bending and the pressure from the books had to do with the digitizer cable!!
So I popped up the back cover,What I saw was that the cable is somehow bent a little(not straight cable so the wires sometimes touched each other) and was not held to the mother board,what I did is a small piece of paper between the cable and the back cover,which held it to the mother board and made it straight and stable!!!!

I'm glad to see another possible solution. When I replace my 1520 and go to give this to my wife, I'll check it out as it has the issue but not super bad. Thanks for posting a solution that's worked for you.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

Thanks, Maybe someone who does it since your post will post photos.. Sounds like something anyone who removes they're back should do as preventive medicine.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
You lost me a little on this. Isn't there one cable from the LCD display into the motherboard, which is located underneath a shield to hold it securely in place?

Where are wires touching, and where exactly is this paper insert?

Here's a pic from ifixit teardown:

Screenshot (43).jpg

Hello every one!

Tareq Mehyar

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Fantasia_Painting_6.jpg
You lost me a little on this. Isn't there one cable from the LCD display into the motherboard, which is located underneath a shield to hold it securely in place?

Where are wires touching, and where exactly is this paper insert?

Here's a pic from ifixit teardown:

View attachment 120783

Goys this is exactly what I'm talking about!!!!
Thank you so much gordonfink for this picture I wasn't able to find a good one
And it has the exact same problem I had
Watch the upper right corner of the picture,notice that little orange cable,that's the problem,it's a little bent over itself ,and not held the the board,we only need and piece of non contact material (paper maybe) to hold it tight
DONT USE AND KIND OF GLUE OR TAPE IT WILL MELT DOWN WHEN HEATED AND WILL CAUSE SERIOUS PROBLEMS

Tareq Mehyar

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
In fact I used this door air sealing tape that compressed the cable better than paper,the process is really easy and coated me nothing!
Pop up the back cover and then hold the wire tight that's it!41Fp5h0dX-L._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

Tareq Mehyar

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure guys?
Here's a photo of the digitizer,notice the cable up the screen it matches the one we saw here
Then again I CONFIRM that what I did solved ALL my touch problem and I haven't seen one in 4 months!Replacement-parts-for-Nokia-Lumia-1520-touch-screen-digitizer-n1520-LCD-glass-with-flex-cable-hi.jpg

mewcatchew

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Replacement-parts-for-Nokia-Lumia-1520-touch-screen-digitizer-n1520-LCD-glass-with-flex-cable-hi.jpg

The cable you circled is the front facing camera and is soldered onto the motherboard, its not even connect to the digitizer, but rather sits in a in a hole.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
check this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-1520-phantom-touch-solution.html#post3382378

There is a pic of the assembly minus the motherboard, which shows where the digitizer cable connects to the LCD assembly. The LCD assembly then connects to the motherboard under the shield on the left side of the pic I posted. the other cable under that shield is power/vol/camera flex.

it's possible, I suppose, that you fixed some connection underneath the motherboard, because the digitizer does connect to the south of the front camera, underneath.

It's interesting how many different solutions there are for this problem.

Tareq Mehyar

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I am very confused!
The pictures of the digitizer shows that its cable goes all the way up the phone,are you sure its not it?
It's clearly damaged and bent and since I fixed it the problem is gone!
I'm going to learn about the phone parts and see exactly what I fixed

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure!!!!?????
Isn't the camera mounted in the motherboard? It's just the digitizer in the picture there's no camera here!
I'm positive this is the digitizer cable

That is absolutely the front facing camera. The digitizer cable you are looking at attaches to the LCD assembly. Look at the pic in the other thread I linked, and you'll see where it is. It lies just a little below the camera, under the motherboard. You can't see it with the motherboard in place.

Tareq Mehyar

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
That is absolutely the front facing camera. The digitizer cable you are looking at attaches to the LCD assembly. Look at the pic in the other thread I linked, and you'll see where it is. It lies just a little below the camera, under the motherboard. You can't see it with the motherboard in place.

I saw the pic ,and I'm very very confused,how come a front facing cable make my screen go wild! I'm 100% it was my problem but when you guys told me it's the camera cable....
What's going on? XD

shawnmos

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
It's definitely the front facing camera. Maybe just putting pressure there is enough to fix the symptoms?

I dunno, it definitely seems like the phantom touch issue is a poor connection somewhere, likely in the digitizer itself.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I dunno, it definitely seems like the phantom touch issue is a poor connection somewhere, likely in the digitizer itself.
While we're on the topic, lately my 1520 has gone from the occasional errant phantom tap to extended periods of full-on touch screen freak out. The start screen will rapidly move up and down (short distances), and sometimes Cortana comes up. If sms is open, random texts are typed with lots of line breaks. Maybe it's a message from outer space, but most likely it's an issue with the lower right corner of the digitizer. It's always resolved by pressing the power button for a few tenths of a second, so I wonder if it's got something to do with charge buildup. Anyway, all guesswork, maybe I should take this as a sign to jump back on the 950XL bandwagon. :D

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative on Windows Phone

Tareq Mehyar

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey I'm just glad I solved the problem with my phone it was bugging me,I think you all should try popping the cover and see if there's something odd,other than that I'm happy with it and not nearly thinking about the 950 :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786