Something went wrong when trying to take a pic, how can I fix this?

Tullphan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
"Something went wrong" when trying to take a pic

I've got a 1520.3 that i'm getting ready to start using now that my contract's up with my other carrier.
Today, I took it out to play with the camera to see if it might have the same features as my Note 3 (fisheye, etc).
When I either pushed the camera button on the side or the camera tile, a message appeared that stated "Something went wrong".
I tried uninstalling the camera app, restarting, reinstalling, but it didn't work. I then tried resetting the phone, but that didn't work either.
Ideas? Suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Tullphan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: "Something went wrong" when trying to take a pic

It will take a selfie.
I tried loading another camera program, but nothing happens. Same thing when going into panorama mode.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Try a firmware restore to 8.1 and see if it solves the issue. If not then as pointed above your camera module or the underlying hardware is damaged and would need repair.

Tullphan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Try a firmware restore to 8.1 and see if it solves the issue. If not then as pointed above your camera module or the underlying hardware is damaged and would need repair.

I hooked it up to my PC & ran the Windows device recovery tool, but that didn't help matters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12